"Wilderness National Park" Wilderness by Waxbag
Wilderness Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 46 photos
Wilderness National Park is an beautiful estuary system that combines, wetlands, rivers, ocean, waterfalls, and hills. It is rich in birdlife with over 250 species of birds recorded with the Knysna lourie and the various kingfishers. There is plenty of good accomodation including facilities at the main rest camp that is right in the middle of the lake system and Fairy Knowe which is nearby on a beautiful old farm.
The ocean is nearby with a large beautiful beach and the small village of Wilderness nearby has some small food stores and restaurants as well as a petrol station.
This is on the Giant Kingfisher trail that leads to a small waterfall.
Hadadah Ibis is one bird of many that you can easily spot here. The Kysna louries are common too but they are way up in the trees and not easily photographed.
- In a nutshell:Beautiful Place to Rest Up
Waxbag's Related Pages
Wilderness Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wilderness - Garden Route"
- "Wilderness - South Africa: Beauty unequalled"
- "Wilderness National Park"
- "Mountains, Forest, Lakes, & Beach at Your Doorstep"
- "Honeymooning in the wilderness"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wilderness
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Wilderness?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wilderness
Photos in WildernessSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 35 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- China Intro, 11 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kalahari Gemsbok National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Saint Lucia Intro, 21 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Jaisalmer Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues