"The Spectacle Will Amaze, the Stink Will Disgust" Cape Cross by Waxbag
Cape Cross Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 53 photos
Cape Cross is lococated on one of the driest and barron stretches of land in the world, the "Skeleton Coast". This names isn't thrown around for just any reason. It is the grave yard for many ships and their crew after running aground in foul weather. Very little survizes here on land, but the sea is marine paradise, full of cold water nutriants. It brings the crill, the fish, the seal, and the shark. It also brings the fisherman. The seals come Cape Cross to breed and hang out. It is an amazing site to see thousands upon thousands of these creatures at once. The smell may get to you after a while though and you may have to move on. At least your photograph won't stink!
- Pros:Amazing Sight!
- Cons:Smelly, Smelly, Smelly, and well it's hard to get to without your own wheels
Waxbag's Related Pages
Cape Cross Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cape Cross, the Seal Colony"
- "Cape Cross - Home of the Seals...."
- "Cape Cross"
- "Cape Cross seal colony"
- "The Spectacle Will Amaze, the Stink Will Disgust"
- "Seals up to the ceiling..."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cape Cross
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Cape Cross?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cape Cross
- Posted in Travel Masai Mara Game Reserve Forum "Re: Rainy seasons"
- updated a Cape Cross Travel Page "The Spectacle Will Amaze, the Stink Will Disgust"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Spectacle Will Amaze, the Stink Will Disgust"
- Wrote a Review See Thousands of Frolicing Seals, Hold Your Breath in Cape Cross Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 35 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- China Intro, 11 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kalahari Gemsbok National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Saint Lucia Intro, 21 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Jaisalmer Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues