"The Swahili Coast at Watamu, Kenya" Watamu by Waxbag
Watamu Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 95 photos
Although Watamu has plenty of resorts, it has managed to retain its fishing village atmosphere. The actual beaches aren't the best as there are too many 'beach boys' to annoy you senselessly. However there is a rocky promontory that is beautiful, albeit sand-less. From here nobody bothers you and you can enjoy the beautiful sunrises and sunsets while watching the wave crash into the cliffs with sailing dhows only meters away from the coast.
- Pros:Good place to rest for a couple of days
- Cons:The beach boys are a real hasstle here.
The children of Watamu gather just behind our guesthouse every evening for soccer on the beach. We watched them play for... more travel advice
Waxbag's Related Pages
Watamu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Turtle Releases"
- "Watamu our new home"
- "Watuma Bay - Kenya"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Watamu
- Hotels in Watamu
- Transportation in Watamu
- Restaurants in Watamu
- Warnings and Dangers in Watamu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Watamu
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Watamu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Watamu
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 35 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- China Intro, 11 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kalahari Gemsbok National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Saint Lucia Intro, 21 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Jaisalmer Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues