"Amazon Experience 2001" Top 5 Page for this destination Tambopata by Waxbag
Tambopata Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 63 photos
My family and I flew out of Cuzco to Puerto Maldonando where we got a water taxi up the Tambopata River to the Wasi Tambopata Lodge. We stayed here at the lodge for three nights and had a great experience. This part of the Amazon is much higher than the Brazilian Amazon and is closer to the cloud forests of the Andeas. Because of this boardering eco-zones this area is said to have a higher diversity of floral and fauna than in the Brazilian Rain forest. Briliant!
- Pros:Fantastic Amazonian Experience
- Cons:Expensive, unless done with a group trip
The white caiman is a small crocodilian species that is common to the Amazon. The males are larger growing no larger... more travel advice
Leaf cutter ants are defoliants of the rainforest. They live in underground colonies in the hundreds of thousands. They... more travel advice
Waxbag's Related Pages
Tambopata Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tambopata and Madre de Dios"
- "Into the Amazon"
- "The call of the jungle"
- "Amazon Experience 2001"
- "Ecotourism at its best"
- "Tambopata- Refugio Amazonas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tambopata
- Hotels in Tambopata
- Transportation in Tambopata
- Nightlife in Tambopata
- Restaurants in Tambopata
- Warnings and Dangers in Tambopata
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tambopata
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Tambopata?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tambopata
Photos in TambopataSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 35 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- China Intro, 11 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kalahari Gemsbok National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Saint Lucia Intro, 21 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Jaisalmer Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues