"LAKESIDE RUST - HOME OF THE WHITE STORK" Top 5 Page for this destination Rust by mel_bee

Rust Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 136 photos

This colourful and quaint village is located alongside Lake Neusiedl in Burgenland. Its a sunny place famous for boating and good local wine and well worth a summer trip out from Vienna.
For me, my day in Rust was like a summer holiday packed into one day! After a quick lunch, I walked down the path to the lake and looked at the reed-roofed huts, I had a great time on a pedal boat, swimming in the lake and drinking some of my favourite wine in the evening with some delicious food. On the walk back through the village to the car, the sky was full of stars and one of the bars was playing live music.

• Last visit to Rust: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Aug 6, 2003

Travelogues (1)

• cbeaujean's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2003 at 3:44 AM

storks,of course,but also a strange lake.a excellent white wine and the proximity of hungarytks for bringing back good memories!

• socrates_07's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2003 at 3:27 AM

Wonderful pictures and interesting informations of Rust. I am sure you enjoyed your trip to this nice village.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2003 at 4:15 PM

excellent pics ! It was about time to have Rust on VT !!

• Audrey118's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2003 at 2:41 AM

the fun at the lake - wow - I wanna go there next summer!! And thos Hungarian goulash - yum...take me there next summer...not sure if I wanna swim - i think pedal boat -ya

• MEdelmann's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2003 at 4:06 AM

Nice to see a page about this nice town in Burgenland! Somlauer Nockerl are great and Gewürztraminer too, make me mouthwatering ... :-)) Maybe you can add some more pictures about Rust? I will visit this town very soon.

mel_bee

“The world`s a book & those who don`t travel read only a page”

Badges & Stats in Rust