"LAKESIDE RUST - HOME OF THE WHITE STORK" Top 5 Page for this destination Rust by mel_bee
Rust Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 136 photos
This colourful and quaint village is located alongside Lake Neusiedl in Burgenland. Its a sunny place famous for boating and good local wine and well worth a summer trip out from Vienna.
For me, my day in Rust was like a summer holiday packed into one day! After a quick lunch, I walked down the path to the lake and looked at the reed-roofed huts, I had a great time on a pedal boat, swimming in the lake and drinking some of my favourite wine in the evening with some delicious food. On the walk back through the village to the car, the sky was full of stars and one of the bars was playing live music.
Out of season, you will find Rust is extremely quiet but when the weather is warm and there are tourists around, then... more travel advice
There is so much to do in Rust. You can hire bikes and boats, go swimming, sailing and windsurfing. Visit the... more travel advice
mel_bee's Related Pages
Rust Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perle des Ostens (Oesterreichs)"
- "LAKESIDE RUST - HOME OF THE WHITE STORK"
- "The only town at Lake Neusiedler See"
- "RUST ~ HOME OF THE STORKS"
- "Austrian Wine country"
- "Stork Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rust
- Hotels in Rust
- Transportation in Rust
- Nightlife in Rust
- Restaurants in Rust
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rust
- 28 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Rust?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rust
Photos in RustSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 195 reviews, 195 photos, 5 travelogues
- Keszthely Intro, 30 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 37 reviews, 39 photos
- Zürich Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lille Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Brighton Intro, 36 reviews, 23 photos
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rust Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lucerne Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Koszeg Intro, 21 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue