"Water all around...." Top 5 Page for this destination Ioannina by mardaska
Ioannina Travel Guide: 169 reviews and 557 photos
Ioannina, is the capital of Epirus and spreads around the shores of lake Pamvotis. It is located 437 km northwest of Athens and 100 km east of the port of Igoumenitsa in the Ionian Sea.
A city full of history...
Old covered galleries converted to restaurants and coffee shops...
Narrow streets with little shops...
Long walks in the castle....
It was built in 1928 based on plans and designs of the architect Zoumboulidis who gave it a "Post-Byzantine"... more travel advice
A former byzantine building is used now as an elegant coffeehouse in the inner fortress. more travel advice
mardaska's Related Pages
Ioannina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ioannina, capital of Epirus."
- "Water all around...."
- "Ioannina and the region"
- "The Idyllic City of Ioannina"
- "Welcome to Ioannina, the city of silversmiths."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ioannina
- Hotels in Ioannina
- Transportation in Ioannina
- Nightlife in Ioannina
- Restaurants in Ioannina
- Shopping in Ioannina
- Warnings and Dangers in Ioannina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ioannina
- 16 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 43 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Ioannina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ioannina
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Syros Island Intro, 38 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kythira Island Intro, 20 reviews, 32 photos
- Bath Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kea Island Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aegina Island Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ioannina Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos