State of Queensland Favorite Tips by unravelau Top 5 Page for this destination
State of Queensland Favorites: 65 reviews and 127 photos
Pristine beaches full of white sand hmmmmmmmmm.
Favorite thing: Some great suggestions here and I agree with the Noosa suggestion too. On top of what was said regarding the sun hazzard.....do also use a hat (as well as the sun screen) and try not to be 'out in it' in the hottest part of the day. I like the European idea of a siesta after lunch.
Fondest memory: My last two visits have been in company with each of my sons and their families, and I must say what a joy it was to enjoy their fun activities and watch them enjoy the more active ones. Life is wonderful and grandparenting is fantastic.
These little fellas are even faster than the tiger
Favorite thing: Dreamworld is another fun place to go with kids. My grandchildren really had a wonderful time here. They were absolutely fascinated with the tiger enclosure.....and I was most impressed with the seeming casual way of the attendants. They probably have to be fearless to be around tigers ....it wouldn't work for me, I would be terrified but they are so beautiful to watch.
Fondest memory: There is a souveneer shop right alongside the tiger enclosure and my grandchildren each picked up a toy tiger to take home with them.....Mum and Dad wouldn't let them have the real thing.
Favorite thing: No, just joking but the stadium at the Australian Zoo (Steve Irwin and his crocs), is called something similar.
After sitting through the first show about the crocs in this stadium, we started walking around the other displays of snakes, lizzards, crocs and alligators. After about an hour we came across a smaller stadium with another crocodile demonstration going on........... This time we saw this golden coloured crocodile.........beautiful.
Fondest memory: Standing outside the arena knowing that the crocs couldn't get me ............... double wire LOL.
Favorite thing: Here we are parking at Seaworld. You can't see from here but I can tell you that there were literally thousands of people waiting for the place to open..........10am and then a lot more waited for a lot longer to go through the turnstyles once they had purchased their tickets...................a very expensive place but lots to do inside..........rides galore and swimming too. Plus the dolphin display, ski competitions ............. the lot......... the kids had the time of their lives.
Fondest memory: Baby Robert asleep in stroller in the breezeway waiting for the others to have a dip.........me sipping on my other companion........bottled water..........
More Reviews (34)
- See All First glance I took as Gold Coast...
- See All You cant miss the tallest building
- See All Another lovely family accommodation Park
- See All If going to Dreamworld (or other...
- See All Where's my dance partner - still in...
- See All Wide range of tempting meals - always...
- See All OH not more tourists...........why don't...
- Hockey for 2 year olds?
- When departing from every park exhibit...
- At the Australian Zoo where Crocs rule
- Pacific Fair is open Sunday mornings-...
- an hours time difference between NSW and...
unravelau's Related Pages
State of Queensland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Queensland the Place to Be"
- "♫ HERE COMES THE SUN! ♫ ♫"
- "The Sunshine State"
- "The State of Queensland"
- "AMBERLEY AIR SHOW 2008"
- "Australia Zoo - Aussie animals"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Queensland
- Hotels in State of Queensland
- Transportation in State of Queensland
- Nightlife in State of Queensland
- Restaurants in State of Queensland
- Shopping in State of Queensland
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Queensland
- See All...
Explore the World
- Oranjestad Hotels
- Jewel Cave National Monument Hotels
- Matabungkay Hotels
- San Michele Hotels
- La Digue
Badges & Stats in State of Queensland
- 41 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to State of Queensland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Queensland
Photos in State of QueenslandSee All Photos (62)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 72 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 56 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lazio Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 38 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Formia Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (180)
Top State of Queensland hotels
- Gold Coast Hotels
- 846 Reviews - 1810 Photos
- Port Douglas Hotels
- 227 Reviews - 586 Photos
- Cairns Hotels
- 863 Reviews - 2195 Photos
- Brisbane Hotels
- 1600 Reviews - 3449 Photos
- Surfers Paradise Hotels
- 171 Reviews - 346 Photos
- Mackay Hotels
- 74 Reviews - 124 Photos
- Hamilton Island Hotels
- 129 Reviews - 401 Photos
- Caloundra Hotels
- 52 Reviews - 107 Photos
- Airlie Beach Hotels
- 185 Reviews - 726 Photos
- Rockhampton Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 152 Photos
- Magnetic Island Hotels
- 79 Reviews - 120 Photos
- Townsville Hotels
- 81 Reviews - 149 Photos
- Mooloolaba Hotels
- 99 Reviews - 384 Photos
- Hayman Island Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 5 Photos
- Hervey Bay Hotels
- 128 Reviews - 215 Photos