"The State of Queensland" Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland by unravelau
State of Queensland Travel Guide: 8,366 reviews and 21,102 photos
Seaworld dolphins jumping for joy last week. (Monday 12.1.04).
What an incredible show. Coffs Harbour has a great show of dolphins too, but not of the same magnitude of this one at sea world.
From Coffs Harbour (New South Wales) to the Gold Coast of Queensland takes approximately 5 hours by car.... probably a bit longer by bus and maybe a bit longer by car with young children. By various other transports......i.e. plane to Brisbane and car/bus back to the Gold Coast could take almost as long as just driving North. It is really interesting because not only does the road maintenance (and appearance) change, but also the vegetation seems to me to be totally different. Certainly the crops grown change. From mostly bananas and avacados to sugar, pineapples and other more tropical fruits. But the naturally occurring vegetation is different too. Hard to explain really. The minute that you hit the border between NSW and Qld the road surface changes from tar to cement........the roads are wider......the speed limit is increased (that's a bit ambiguous)....I mean that your upper limit speed changes from 100 kms p h., to 110 kms p h and although I prefer NSW to live in, Queenslands roads (at this time) are seeming to be in better knick, at least to the upper reaches of where I travelled last week.
One son had a holiday accommodation booked and at the last moment, my daughter in law was unable to go which left my son in the predicament of managing my three grandchildren by himself. So they asked if I would fill the breach..........Granny on the go.
UPDATE: 10th October 2006
Granny still on the go. Have just returned from another trip up north with my other son and his family. The grand-daughters, eagerly anticipating a trip to dreamworld with Mum, Dad and Grandma, kept me laughing the whole trip, all of the time there and on the homeward journey as well...yeah! Given that Grandma's a bit of a dreamer, it seemed quite fitting that Dreamworld was the destination.
I would have liked to have had more time to look around more but another northward journey is in the offing and I will 'do' more places then. Dreamworld photos and tips will be coming over the next few days.
died September 4th, 2006 as the result of an underwater accident. He will be sorely missed. A barb from a stingray is what caused his death. Far better a stingray than one of his beloved crocodiles.
A week on and I would ask that people join me in celebrating his life. He was such a joyful character. His zoo radiates with his personality I think. I can remember my visit there as being a very happy experience just knowing that 'he' believed in what he was doing and did it with a passion and love.
- Pros:Choc - a - block full of theme parks and fun things to do
- Cons:choc - a - block full of theme parks
- In a nutshell:Great for a family holiday but I don't want to live there.
Some great suggestions here and I agree with the Noosa suggestion too. On top of what was said regarding the sun... more travel advice
When I first saw the sign on the bus 'Gold Coast Shuttle' I thought that it said Gold Coast Shuffle...ha, ha, ha....and... more travel advice
- See All Another lovely family accommodation Park
- See All If going to Dreamworld (or other...
- See All Where's my dance partner - still in...
- See All Wide range of tempting meals - always...
- See All OH not more tourists...........why don't...
unravelau's Related Pages
State of Queensland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Queensland the Place to Be"
- "♫ HERE COMES THE SUN! ♫ ♫"
- "The Sunshine State"
- "The State of Queensland"
- "AMBERLEY AIR SHOW 2008"
- "Australia Zoo - Aussie animals"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Queensland
- Hotels in State of Queensland
- Transportation in State of Queensland
- Nightlife in State of Queensland
- Restaurants in State of Queensland
- Shopping in State of Queensland
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Queensland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of Queensland
- 41 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to State of Queensland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Queensland
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Most Amazing Balcony Views?"
- Commented on one of unravelau's State of Queensland tips
- Wrote a Review Be aware of the sun. in State of Queensland Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Be aware of the sun."
- updated a State of Queensland Travelogue "Around and about Queensland"
Photos in State of QueenslandSee All Photos (62)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 72 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 56 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lazio Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 38 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Formia Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues