Australia Off The Beaten Path Tips by unravelau
Australia Off The Beaten Path: 376 reviews and 475 photos
How to watch the whales pass Coffs Harbour.
Whale watching has just about become a national past-time with us....... In winter we tend to watch them swimming north and then into spring watch them coming back often with an extra fin (lol), but still the watch goes on year in year out. I am still waiting for a close up encounter but I could show you a great snap of a couple of spouts in the distance from mutton bird island.
And was thinking about what the new arrivals had seen when they first set foot on this spot.......(there is a monument to the arrivers here)..... While thinking I was looking up and marvelling at the tall buildings and thinking......they wouldn't have been here then, when I saw this old clock. Of course it's probably not that old either but definitely younger than its neighbour (behind it). I wonder if the architect thought about the clock and its 'position' in the city when he designed the newer building?
Neighbour's Bloomin' Jacaranda
shot, taken from my daughters kitchen window in Sydney. It struck me as being very typical.........the rusty old shed roof and it being Jacaranda blooming time (November 2003) how appropriate is this? Maybe I should label the picture the neighbours bloomin jacaranda or something equally as smart.
Grafton is the place to go for the Jacarandah display though................streets lined with the purple blooms and the ground carpeted too........simply amazing.
More Reviews (14)
- See All Hire a car and drive south of Sydney
- See All Fishing is a very popular pastime in Oz
- See All Have you ever had the feeling that you...
unravelau's Related Pages
Australia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Down Under"
- "Australia - you're standing in it"
- "♫ I COME FROM A LAND DOWN-UNDER ♫"
- "AUSTRALIA PAGE IS DEDICATED TO THE ANCIENTS...."
- "Down Under Roundtrip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Australia
- Hotels in Australia
- Transportation in Australia
- Nightlife in Australia
- Restaurants in Australia
- Shopping in Australia
- Warnings and Dangers in Australia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Australia
- 301 Reviews
- 575 Photos
- 106 Forum posts
- 29 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Australia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Australia
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Most Amazing Balcony Views?"
- Commented on one of dr.firas's Australia travel pages
- updated a Australia Travel Page "Australia is the place to be."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Australia is the place to be."
- Wrote a Review Hire a car and drive south of Sydney in Australia Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 72 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 56 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lazio Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 38 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Formia Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues