Australia and Oceania Off The Beaten Path Tips by unravelau Top 5 Page for this destination
Australia and Oceania Off The Beaten Path: 82 reviews and 168 photos
Looking down on Stanwell Park.
to-day. So pleased that the slide lasted the distance and that the local camera shop was able to pull off a great print. Lovely area.
This is a snippet taken from the site below:-
Originally inhabited by the Wodi Wodi Aborigines the first Europeans to pass through the area, in 1797, were the survivors of the wreck of the Sydney Cove. Shortly afterwards George Bass travelled down the coast looking for other survivors. He discovered coal near Stanwell Park at Coalcliff.
Sealed by a kiss
I have visited it myself a number of times but by far the most fun time that I had was at the expense of a friend who I captured being sealed by a kiss.......
The Oceanarium or the Pet Porpoise pool as the locals call it guarantees a couple of shows a day with the dolphins as well as some interesting encounters with seals and other aussie natives.
Fossil Wollemi pine
Finding the fossils
Australia, like other really old countries does spend some time and effort to find, highlight and preserve fossils when they're found. I am not what you would call 'up' on this topic but I do love our trees (you might have noticed my hugging habits elsewhere). This leaf fossil is of a comparitively new 'find' as it were, and is having some energy devoted to it now.
The Wollemi pine tree is also known as the dinasour tree because it is reported to have been around during that era. This photo, was taken from an exhibit in Taronga Park Zoo, but I believe that the tree in its natural state can be found in the Blue Mountains. Google has lots of links for the Wollemi pine, the Government one is listed here for your reference.
NZ the beautiful
You cant always stop when on a tour, to take that one photograph that you really, really must have, so it might be worth your while to practice up.
This one in New Zealand and the window wasn't the problem but the telegraph pole was a bit.
More Reviews (24)
- See All Honeymoon in Oz - what could be better?
- The Jetty Strip breakfasts
- See All Across Sydney Harbour by boat or road
unravelau's Related Pages
Australia and Oceania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "14 days travelling through Australia by car"
- "NO DOUBT, AUSTRALIA IS A TOP TOURIST DESTINATION"
- "Aboriginal Australia"
- "Being in Australia in Oceania"
- "Cruising on a Queues Ship"
- "olja1234's new Australia-Oceania Page"
- "Welcome to Australia and Oceania!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Australia and Oceania
- Hotels in Australia and Oceania
- Transportation in Australia and Oceania
- Nightlife in Australia and Oceania
- Restaurants in Australia and Oceania
- Shopping in Australia and Oceania
- Warnings and Dangers in Australia and Oceania
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ste-Anne-de-Beaupre Basilica
- Airboat rides
- Oklahoma Off The Beaten Path
- Nice Off The Beaten Path
- Cyprus Off The Beaten Path
- Albuquerque Off The Beaten Path
- Daytrip outside Amsterdam: Haarlem
- Hilton Head Island Off The Beaten Path
- Seaside & Öresund Bridge
- Gatlinburg Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Australia and Oceania
- 331 Reviews
- 658 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 29 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Australia and Oceania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Australia and Oceania
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Music lovers game!"
- updated a Australia and Oceania Travel Page "Being in Australia in Oceania"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Amazing sunrises down under"
- Commented on one of just4funds's Australia and Oceania travel pages
- Wrote a Review Honeymoon in Oz - what could be better? in Australia and Oceania Favorites
Photos in Australia and OceaniaSee All Photos (658)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 72 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 56 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lazio Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 38 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Formia Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (180)
Top Australia and Oceania hotels
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Perth Hotels
- 2280 Reviews - 4796 Photos
- Sydney Hotels
- 5783 Reviews - 13449 Photos
- Gold Coast Hotels
- 845 Reviews - 1806 Photos
- Nadi Hotels
- 104 Reviews - 296 Photos
- Adelaide Hotels
- 972 Reviews - 2107 Photos
- Auckland Hotels
- 1035 Reviews - 2290 Photos
- Canberra Hotels
- 847 Reviews - 2096 Photos
- Brisbane Hotels
- 1596 Reviews - 3435 Photos
- Surfers Paradise Hotels
- 171 Reviews - 346 Photos
- Wellington Hotels
- 590 Reviews - 1255 Photos
- Bora-Bora Hotels
- 291 Reviews - 584 Photos
- Port Douglas Hotels
- 227 Reviews - 586 Photos
- Darwin Hotels
- 685 Reviews - 2049 Photos
- Cairns Hotels
- 863 Reviews - 2188 Photos