"Lazio, Equals Rome +" Lazio by unravelau
Lazio Travel Guide: 12,721 reviews and 28,723 photos
I guess that most people who visit Italy also get to see Rome at some stage of their stay. I had the good fortune to visit twice, once in '98 and the second in '01' and flew in and out from Fumicino aiport on both occasions.
Being interested in how the ancient Romans lived, including what they lived in, i.e. the ancient ruins, Rome has it all for me. While I stayed about an hour out of the city, I probably had all up about 9 or 10 day trips in and have walked from one end (just about) to the other. You would think that I would know it pretty well but really I think that another 10 trips wouldn't go astray and I would love to spend at least one night right in the city to experience the night life that I have heard so much about.
When I figure out how to put up some photo's, I will do that but meanwhile just know that it met and meets all of my expectations of a fantastic time.
When in Rome you need to do the same thing that everyone else does...........visit all of the ancient monuments......right? The Arch of Constantine for one.
The museum in what you might call the town centre ......... up Michelangelo's stairs and to the right of the horse and rider (someone else will know the name) has some really interesting sculptures, paintings and artifacts inside but in 1998 they were doing some work and this head just popped up.
Bill (Gazetteer of Rome) just told me that this is the head of Constantine and that the museums are called Capitoline and that they are on Capitoline hill. Thank you Bill.
- Pros:Lazio is a region that has it all.
- Cons:Don't know of any
- In a nutshell:If you only had time to see one place I would go to Rome.
from a distance, but when you are at the bottom and walking in ever decreasing circles along a rocky track (in some... more travel advice
The other side of the mountain. The other side of Mount Orlando shows the Mediterranean in all of its glory, the split... more travel advice
- Night photography is on my list next...
- See All It was, but it wasn't if you know what I...
- As nice as the cabbies are in Gaeta
- You can buy most things that you require...
- The front stalls at Gaeta
unravelau's Related Pages
Lazio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lazio, Equals Rome +"
- " LAZIO "
- "Lazio, all you want is here..."
- "DISCOVER BEAUTIFUL SOUTH LAZIO"
- "Roma - Italia/Italy!"
- "Rome, the capital of Lazio and Italy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lazio
- Hotels in Lazio
- Transportation in Lazio
- Nightlife in Lazio
- Restaurants in Lazio
- Shopping in Lazio
- Warnings and Dangers in Lazio
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lazio
- 182 Reviews
- 304 Photos
- 69 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Lazio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lazio
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 72 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 56 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lazio Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 38 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Formia Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (180)
Top Lazio hotels
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Civitavecchia Hotels
- 41 Reviews - 82 Photos
- Castel Gandolfo Hotels
- 29 Reviews - 68 Photos
- Sperlonga Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 73 Photos
- Cassino Hotels
- 17 Reviews - 65 Photos
- Palestrina Hotels
- 4 Hotels
- Isola di Ponza Hotels
- 22 Reviews - 34 Photos
- Tivoli Hotels
- 140 Reviews - 502 Photos
- Rieti Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 45 Photos
- Gaeta Hotels
- 116 Reviews - 331 Photos
- Terracina Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 30 Photos
- Ostia Antica Hotels
- 56 Reviews - 240 Photos
- Bracciano Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 40 Photos
- Ostia Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 33 Photos
- Latina Hotels
- 1 Review - 5 Photos