"Lazio, Equals Rome +" Lazio by unravelau

Lazio Travel Guide: 12,746 reviews and 28,727 photos

Roma, Roma.

I guess that most people who visit Italy also get to see Rome at some stage of their stay. I had the good fortune to visit twice, once in '98 and the second in '01' and flew in and out from Fumicino aiport on both occasions.

Being interested in how the ancient Romans lived, including what they lived in, i.e. the ancient ruins, Rome has it all for me. While I stayed about an hour out of the city, I probably had all up about 9 or 10 day trips in and have walked from one end (just about) to the other. You would think that I would know it pretty well but really I think that another 10 trips wouldn't go astray and I would love to spend at least one night right in the city to experience the night life that I have heard so much about.

When I figure out how to put up some photo's, I will do that but meanwhile just know that it met and meets all of my expectations of a fantastic time.

Seeing All in Rome

When in Rome you need to do the same thing that everyone else does...........visit all of the ancient monuments......right? The Arch of Constantine for one.

The Museums of Rome

The museum in what you might call the town centre ......... up Michelangelo's stairs and to the right of the horse and rider (someone else will know the name) has some really interesting sculptures, paintings and artifacts inside but in 1998 they were doing some work and this head just popped up.
Bill (Gazetteer of Rome) just told me that this is the head of Constantine and that the museums are called Capitoline and that they are on Capitoline hill. Thank you Bill.

• Pros:Lazio is a region that has it all.
  • Cons:Don't know of any
  • In a nutshell:If you only had time to see one place I would go to Rome.
  • Last visit to Lazio: Apr 2001
  • Intro Updated Mar 4, 2003

• Florida999's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Mount Orlando? I HAVE to climb up that, even if it is only a hill...lol, our hometown is flat as a pancake.... Nice page with some great ideas on what to do around Rome !

• craic's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2007 at 1:16 PM

just having a prowl around lazio with you

• Anchovy56's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2007 at 12:44 PM

ha ha... :o)

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2007 at 12:54 PM

Ah! the Gulf of Gaeta on the Tyrrhenian Sea; yes I understand you write and show a lot about, Carol; I am not at all fond of beaches, but places like that enchant me. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for your visit in Pau.

• Mar 13, 2007 at 4:15 PM

Thank you for the Minturno pages. My Mother in law and her sister are going there in April to try and trace family, so its useful to get an overview.

• nixca316's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2007 at 6:17 PM

Yes, Lazio is truly a very wonderful region...thanks for stopping by my hometown, Carole and for the wonderful and sincere words. Your pictures here are beautiful too...still, there's something about your main pic in your HP. =)

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2006 at 3:43 AM

Nothing like an unprissied castle. Should be more of them I say!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2006 at 2:57 PM

Seems like a great place to visit Your pictures are awesome with nice tips Thanks for sharing!!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2005 at 11:33 PM

What a great page, Carole ! lots of great infos, travelogues and pics ! Rome and its surroundings are a Must !

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2005 at 11:35 AM

How refreshing to read a page about the area around Rome and not just the center! I think drawing some of the ruins around Gaeta would be positively lovely!

unravelau

“Look at it this way then.”

Badges & Stats in Lazio