"ITALY -- IT IS EASY TO SING ITS PRAISES" Italy by unravelau
Italy Travel Guide: 68,955 reviews and 184,300 photos
When next arriving at Rome airport, remind me to firstly get a trolley, secondly, sidle up to a strong looking young bloke and lead him to the carousel where your overweighted bag is revolving. Smile sweetly and beg him to offload your bag onto the trolley.....be forever grateful. On both occasions that I arrived at Rome airport, I thought that I could handle my bag onto a trolley but on each occasion, I found it on the carousel ...... let it go around one more time.......prepared myself to swing it like a bag of spuds at least to the floor at my feet. What happened? The preparation was fine, the swing practiced, I lined it up grabbed it with too much force and moved backward very fast and the full weight fell on my feet.......ouch! Brought tears to my eyes despite my saying its not hurting its not hurting...........it did.
Departure in October ...almost midnight in company with two Italian males .......all chatting merrily away .....(me with my limited Italian)...in the queue alongside a middle aged Australian School teacher made a comment to me when I forgot myself and spoke in English............he then said ......'You have a great command of the English language,,,,,,,,,where did you learn??' All I can say to that is that what I say in Italian must sound pretty convincing.
An oasis in the busiest part of Rome.......
This poster had been on a telegraph pole and fallen to the ground after the event. The event? In Italian says Messaggio di fratellanza e di pace attraverso la preparazione di un tappeto floreale per il passaggio della processione del corpus domini.
See my Itri page for my record of this event in 2001
Such an interesting history goes hand in hand with Italy. It can't be avoided, as the evidence remains around every corner, in every township or village and indeed out in the countryside. The ancient Romans were everywhere.
I know that you all know where Italy is and what it looks like but just click on the following to refresh your memory.
- Pros:Next to Australia, I love Italy best.
- Cons:It is a long way away from Australia
- In a nutshell:I would be there every other day if it was closer.
The main street of Formia, via Vitruvio half concealed this odd collection of stones behind a rusty gate. How... more travel advice
The crowds at the Trevi Fountain, even when it has just been cleaned and they are finally running the water back in,... more travel advice
Written Mar 9, 2007
The Via Appia -- What a way to go!
Written Sep 7, 2006
The Flowers of Italy
unravelau's Related Pages
Italy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buongiorno Italia, Ti amo Italia"
- "ITALIA - PREGO!"
- "Italia nel cuore"
- "Italia - awakens passion, gives life & confidence"
- "Italy wishlist"
- "The Many Faces of Italy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Italy
- Hotels in Italy
- Transportation in Italy
- Nightlife in Italy
- Restaurants in Italy
- Shopping in Italy
- Warnings and Dangers in Italy
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Italy
- 257 Reviews
- 475 Photos
- 110 Forum posts
- 16 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Italy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Italy
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Music lovers game!"
- updated a Italy Travel Page "ITALY -- IT IS EASY TO SING ITS PRAISES"
- Uploaded a Photo to "ITALY -- IT IS EASY TO SING ITS PRAISES"
- Commented on one of tessy's Italy travel pages
- Wrote a Review The beginnings of the Old Rock interest in Italy Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 72 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 56 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lazio Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 38 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Formia Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (180)
Top Italy hotels
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Venice Hotels
- 8137 Reviews - 21375 Photos
- Florence Hotels
- 5082 Reviews - 11268 Photos
- Milan Hotels
- 2765 Reviews - 6827 Photos
- Sorrento Hotels
- 627 Reviews - 1400 Photos
- Positano Hotels
- 300 Reviews - 633 Photos
- Amalfi Hotels
- 255 Reviews - 728 Photos
- Pisa Hotels
- 1384 Reviews - 3892 Photos
- Taormina Hotels
- 259 Reviews - 697 Photos
- Trieste Hotels
- 744 Reviews - 1940 Photos
- Verona Hotels
- 1694 Reviews - 4251 Photos
- Bologna Hotels
- 1029 Reviews - 2935 Photos
- Siena Hotels
- 890 Reviews - 2681 Photos
- Lucca Hotels
- 568 Reviews - 1478 Photos
- Palermo Hotels
- 472 Reviews - 1147 Photos