"The Beautiful Amalfi Coast" Top 5 Page for this destination Amalfi by unravelau

Amalfi Travel Guide: 255 reviews and 728 photos

The best bus trip in Italy.

The pictured part of the coastline is actually Sorrento, and called that at the points where I have taken these photos. I have been just now corrected by a new friend (I hope), Giuseppe who is the top tip maker for Positano,and an expert on the area. Thank you Giuseppe.

Such a long way down.

The Sorrento part of the coastline.

• Pros:The most amazing views that I have ever seen
  • Cons:Travelling to and from Amalfi and surrounding towns is on a very narrow road with many hairpin bends.
  • In a nutshell:A wonderful place to visit but I wouldn't like to live ther.
  • Last visit to Amalfi: Aug 1998
  • Intro Updated Aug 4, 2007

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2007 at 11:43 AM

5 year anniversary ratings rewards!!! Some of the pictures remind me of Santorini.

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2007 at 1:19 PM

I'm not a "beach-goer" but like cliffs and sea, and the Tyrrhenian is beautiful with your descriptions, Carole. Think Ulysses listened to the mermaids here between the Sorrento Peninsula and Capri; their songs added to the beauty. I will go there one day!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2007 at 9:40 AM

great coastline pics! I need to get here someday soon.

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2006 at 9:59 AM

Great photos of this wonderful coastline -- I've never been but hope to one day -- the bus journey sounds like it's not for vertigo sufferers !

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2006 at 9:19 AM

The Amalfi coast is really beautiful. I haven't been there for 15 years, but hope to go back one day.

• Sue08080's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2006 at 2:45 PM

If it weren't for the drive, I'd love to see Amalfi again! Great tips!

• Tetreus's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2006 at 1:53 AM

Great memories...I still have to scan my Amalifi-pictures ! One of the most beautiful spots of Italy.

• hojasdehierba's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2006 at 4:39 PM

Beautiful landscape! Thanks for sharing.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2005 at 11:27 PM

What a great landscape and wonderful pics , Carole ! ...and now I would like to go back there again and enjoy it in reality...

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2005 at 4:20 AM

Amalfi, what's not to like! I didn't even know about the grotto until about a month ago, thanks for sharing.

unravelau

“Look at it this way then.”

Badges & Stats in Amalfi