"STAR WARS AND THE ROYAL PALACE OF NABOO?" Top 5 Page for this destination Caserta by unravelau

Caserta Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 148 photos

Shaking at the palace

Caserta is an interesting place. The palace, the only palace that I have ever been in, is just so huge it is hard to imagine people ever living in it.

The garden is also huge, just seems to go on forever. You can catch a little bus to travel to the water fountain source.

A shaking at Caserta

Two claims to fame. Not only was Caserta rockin and rolling with an earthquake on the day that I visited, but I have since discovered that the Castle is a movie star.

The Palace at Caserta

The Palace at Caserta is amazing. Beautiful furniture, statues, paintings, libraries vases and clocks etc., all beautiful.

• Pros:There is more to see than what I saw this day
  • Cons:not enough hours in one day to see everything
  • In a nutshell:Well worth the trip but be selective about what you want to see
  • Last visit to Caserta: Aug 1998
  • Intro Updated Dec 30, 2006

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2006 at 5:24 AM

another great place in Italy I have to visit one day ! Happy new year, Carole !

• dvideira's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2004 at 11:48 PM

Another great place I missed...:-( It looks great and the naming-the-statues is fun. I got the same impression as soon as I looked at the "after the bath" one... and then I saw your caption :o) Thanks for sharing.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2004 at 11:44 AM

Very nice travelogues and pictures! Some good info as well. I would love to go there.

• cbeaujean's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2004 at 2:23 AM

near napoli,the italian versailles...nice written personal tips and a lot of well done pics without forgetting travlogues!after reading you,we want to see it again!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2004 at 3:15 PM

Three lovely travelogues and tips that are written with passion and intelligence. As usual, this is an outstanding group of pages. Always a joy to view and read your work.

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2004 at 2:57 AM

Amazing that noone has left this comment before, but I must say (despite it being crass!) "so the earth moved for you at Caserta Carole?" But, seriously, you provide yet more reasons for me to visit la bella Italia! Think I'd need at least 6-12 months!

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2003 at 1:25 PM

Well, it depend, sometimes you see more in one day only then in the entire week - very nice page Carole

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2003 at 1:18 AM

I beleive the place was soooooooooooooooo good ! Agreed with my jessicadf :-)))

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2003 at 6:57 AM

Great tour of the palace and great travelogues!

• jessicadf's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2003 at 4:36 PM

It would be amazing to spend the night in that palace. What a bed!

unravelau

“Look at it this way then.”

Badges & Stats in Caserta

Have you been to Caserta?

Photos in Caserta