"Castellenorato" Castellonorato by unravelau
Castellonorato Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
Once on the top of this hill, you are inside the castle and can get a 360 degree view of the surrounding countryside by walking up or down the central via. This is the place where the person who lent his name to the town organised to be buried in his golden suit of armour............as the story goes.
About a month before these photos were taken helicopters were employed to quell the thirst of some bush fires determined to wipe out some of the newer buildings on lower slopes.
The little piazza with the antiquated olive grinder as a centre piece.
Couldn't find anyone who could explain this to me but it must have a story....................very fond of drawing on spare walls it seems.
- Pros:Castellenorato is a quiet place with great views.
- Cons:You cant get in to see the ancient tower any more.
- In a nutshell:Great place to visit and a couple of great stories to go with it.
unravelau's Related Pages
Castellonorato Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Castellonorato
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Castellonorato?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Castellonorato
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Intelligent Voice-Activated..."
- Wrote a Review Just have a look at this unusual wall............. in Castellonorato Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Just have a look at this unusual wall............."
- updated a Castellonorato Travel Page "Castellenorato"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 72 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 56 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lazio Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 38 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Formia Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues