"Maranola, the beautiful mountain village" Maranola by unravelau
Maranola Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 9 photos
This is probably the most frequented church here (one of many) and is right on the approach to the township.
This is a section of a painting that lines the wall alongside the footpath (steps) up to the above church. I photographed it in 1998 and visited it in 2001 and found that it had faded considerably in that time. It depicts some monks walking down the mountain.
Maranola I believe was used as an early warning system for the north and the south of coastal Lazio. As with many of these coastal and hill towns the oldest community is probably the highest, but I noticed in 2002 that new appartments are springing up on the hillsides out of town too now.
- Pros:One of the friendliest villages in the foothills of The Auranci .
- Cons:As with many places in summer too hot.
- In a nutshell:Beautiful place to photograph but I couldn't live there.
Early last century (doesn't that sound like a long time ago) a plane carrying the property of some European princess (as... more travel advice
unravelau's Related Pages
Maranola Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maranola
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Maranola?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maranola
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 72 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 56 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lazio Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 38 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Formia Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues