"Another Dual Township in Lazio." Minturno by unravelau
Minturno Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 40 photos
These views were just magical for me.
When you reach the township of Minturno, as it is with many of these townships near or on the Appian Way, you need to climb part way up a mountain. You can actually reach this piazza with a car ............. but we walked as usual.
This is why so much is being done to preserve what little there is left. This piece unfurled from the ancient ruins in Minturno.
- Pros:The Ancient Roman archeological digs are near the sea.
- Cons:The medieval township is (as usual) up a mountain.
- In a nutshell:You really need two days to visit........one for the diggings and one for the township and castle.
This is of the remaining part of a tiled floor in Minturno. Firstly I thought that the picture offered some insight into... more travel advice
inside the upper levels of the castle at Minturno township. I can remember being astounded at the thickness of the walls... more travel advice
Written Jan 7, 2008
The Duality of Minturno
Written Sep 13, 2003
War Memorial at Minturno
unravelau's Related Pages
Minturno Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Minturno
- 15 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Minturno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Minturno
Photos in MinturnoSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 72 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 56 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lazio Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 38 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Formia Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues