"Another Dual Township in Lazio." Minturno by unravelau

Minturno Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 40 photos

Another magnificent view from Minturno township.

These views were just magical for me.

The views to be had from Minturno are breathtaking

When you reach the township of Minturno, as it is with many of these townships near or on the Appian Way, you need to climb part way up a mountain. You can actually reach this piazza with a car ............. but we walked as usual.

Precious little of the Appian Way survives.

This is why so much is being done to preserve what little there is left. This piece unfurled from the ancient ruins in Minturno.

• Pros:The Ancient Roman archeological digs are near the sea.
  • Cons:The medieval township is (as usual) up a mountain.
  • In a nutshell:You really need two days to visit........one for the diggings and one for the township and castle.
  • Last visit to Minturno: Aug 2001
  • Intro Updated Mar 23, 2003

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM

great page!

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2007 at 10:13 PM

it always amazes me quite how much history turns up under any given stone in italy

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2006 at 3:12 AM

I wonder if these shots would have been better with a tripod!

• Mar 16, 2006 at 2:38 PM

Dear Carole, How did you find Minturno? It is the birthplace of my Grandfather and is where my Grandparents lived until they immigrated to America in the early 1900's. I am travelling there in June. Thank you for the pictures. AnthonyV

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2005 at 12:12 AM

You presented a very interesting place, uknknown to me till now. Thankks Carole. Greets!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2005 at 2:51 PM

Well, Carole, it's been over a year since I've visited your Minturno pages. I still find them just as informative and questioning. Such a wonderful place with all the history and antiquity; it just astounds me.

• Dumpymotel's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2004 at 12:02 PM

I keep finding places on your page I haven't been..... You do like Italy don't you

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2004 at 11:56 AM

Great page Carole! Italy is so full of history and seeing your page about one of those wonderful places makes me want to go there again soon! :-))

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2004 at 7:03 PM

stomping grapes is a fun thing to do... done that once in Portugal ^..^^ but heavy on the old knies too wonderful page Carole of an other piece of bella Italia

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2004 at 3:57 AM

Between reading yours & pigletsmom's various Italiano pages there's really no excuse for me not going there. But....., where on earth does one begin??????

unravelau

“Look at it this way then.”

Badges & Stats in Minturno

Have you been to Minturno?

Latest Activity in Minturno