Sperlonga Favorite Tips by unravelau
Sperlonga Favorites: 5 reviews and 6 photos
The Sperlonga beach, South of Town
Favorite thing: It would depend where your major interests lay what site I would take you to first, because it has many appealing destinations.
If you were into really old I would take you to Tiberius's cave. If you like museums, there is one right alongside Tiberius' villa. If you were just looking to sun yourselves there are two magnificent and long beaches .......one north of town and one south. I can imagine everyone wanting to know more about Truglia, which makes another site worth seeing, as would be a long walk around the upper township with its laneways, and little shops dotted throughout. So I would ask about your interests first.
Fondest memory: I miss Sperlonga, the whole place for its incredible atmosphere of calm, its friendliness and beauty.
Worth a postcard.
Favorite thing: Sperlonga is a very unusual place -- from the old medieval section of town to the newer beachy suburbs (in a sense),-- the Truglia monument.................then down the street a bit, a museum dedicated to the contents of the Tiberius's cave,-- his villa and then indeed the cave and fish tanks..................amazing.
Fondest memory: I loved that there was just so much to see but also that if I wanted to be quiet there was enough space to do this. ..............it really is a lovely place even if I did fall flat on my face the second time I was there.
More Reviews (11)
- See All Side streets take on their own identity.
- See All The Villa of Tiberius at Sperlonga
- A wide variety of boat and pleasure...
unravelau's Related Pages
Sperlonga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sperlonga, a place to get in touch with yourself"
- "What the doctor ordered"
- "Sperlonga, South Lazio"
- "summer on the beach"
- "s p e r l o n g a"
- "Seaside at Sperlonga"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sperlonga
- Hotels in Sperlonga
- Transportation in Sperlonga
- Shopping in Sperlonga
- Warnings and Dangers in Sperlonga
- See All...
Explore the World
- Trenton Hotels
- Will Rogers Beach State Park Hotels
- Gruppo della Marmolada
- Pulilan Hotels
- Bryanskaya Oblast'
- Bibury Hotels
Badges & Stats in Sperlonga
- 13 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 38 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Sperlonga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sperlonga
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Any foot injury experts here ?"
- Commented on one of domenicococozza's Sperlonga travel pages
- updated a Sperlonga Travel Page "Sperlonga, a place to get in touch with yourself"
- Wrote a Review Side streets take on their own identity. in Sperlonga Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Side streets take on their own identity."
Photos in SperlongaSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 72 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 56 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lazio Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 38 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Formia Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (186)
Latest Sperlonga hotel reviews
- Virgilio Grand Hotel
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013