"Trivio -- three roads or three families." Trivio by unravelau
Trivio Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 7 photos
Nestling in the hills behind Formia and overlooking the beautiful Mediterranean Sea. Trivio has a small population but a large heart and very strong community spirit as might be evidenced here. Its one church -- S Andrea has much support and dominates the face of the piazza. Trivio is not as old as some townships around totting up some 5 or 600 years since the original families moved here from closer to the sea.........as the story goes they were sick of being razed to the ground and having to rebuild so they thought that they would be safer here.
Here, in Trivio 1998, is the youth of the town preparing to dance into the festival celebrating the watermelon. The young people are in traditional dress and assist in these celebrations every year.
If the people aren't singing on the mountain while they grow their produce for market or lovely flowers (like this) for display and to perfume the air, you will hear the button accordian, S Andrea's bells or indeed the bagpipe type instrument being played late afternoon.
- Pros:Trivio is a pretty quiet, small township with fantastic views.
- Cons:It's quite a hike to get to a swimming place.
- In a nutshell:A beautiful and friendly township where traditions are upheld.
Going to the cemetery is not a normal occupation of mine however a number of people, friends or relatives of my... more travel advice
could be called an extreme sport. This is a yearly event for Trivio.........people come from all over to do this run in... more travel advice
unravelau's Related Pages
Trivio Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Trivio
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Trivio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trivio
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 72 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 56 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lazio Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 38 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Formia Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues