Coffs Harbour Favorite Tips by unravelau Top 5 Page for this destination
Coffs Harbour Favorites: 39 reviews and 70 photos
Favorite thing: There are a number of places to recommend and it very much depends upon your interests where you might go but, with grandchildren or children you need a little more entertainment I think.
Over the December Jan break I took my grandchildren to a NEW place that has a variety of entertaining things to do for children while providing air conditioned waiting and eating areas for grandparents and adults. TABATINGA is located next to the Greenhouse Tavern and is accessed off Bray Street Coffs Harbour right at the lights on the Pacific Highway. You can while away some hours while they mini golf in the glow in the dark or play in the Ball blaster fun shooting gallery. There is also a climbing jungle for two age groups which allows the really little ones to have a fun climb too.
Contact them on 02 66 580924 or check out their website. Great fun and reasonably priced food available.
The aquajet, Coffs Harbour
Favorite thing: Park Beach Plaza is the closest shopping area to where I live and I tend to frequent there quite a bit. For the traveller and/or holiday maker it might be handy to know that the aquajet and associated activities are situated on a portion of this large complex. Leave the teenagers for a swim, trampoline, slide into pool or rent a racing car at the Aquajet ( that seems to be full almost year around) while you stock up the fridge for the next week of holiday.
Fondest memory: I have had a couple of picnics with family and grandchildren at the aquajet and its a toss up who enjoys the entertainment most.............my kids or theirs, I mean.
Sad, sad newsflash - the aquajet is being dismantled this week to make way for more shops at the plaza - a sign of progress? Rumour has it that it is to be relocated at the zoo - approximately 14 kms north of town on the highway (1530 Pacific Highway)
Check it out at :- coffsharbour.visitnsw.com/ HolidayProduct/TNSW601938CT6813.htm
Map of direction
Favorite thing: at the Jetty, and I say at least I know where I stand, when here. Actually this type of directional device can be very handy in telling you where to go in a polite way....ha, ha.
Part of the original University building.
Favorite thing: Coffs Harbour boasts a University, a T.A.F.E. and a senior school -- nothing unusual in that is there? Well, when it is that the three institutions share the same piece of land and share some facilities it is quite unique.
Deep Sea Fishing Club.
Favorite thing: Some of them have really wonderful views from their verandahs -- talking of great views, 270 degrees around three sides of the Deep Sea Fishing Club shows you the Jetty Foreshores beach, the Jetty, the boat ramp, the south wall, out to sea and the Boambee beach. Well worth the trip for lunch -- recently witnessed a wedding there as well. Visitors welcome.
At the opposite end of the foreshores you find the Yacht Club. It has the view of the Jetty and foreshores, the north wall and the next beach right up to Coffs Creek..............really lovely. They also welcome visitors.
I was looking through the local directory of services and clubs and found an amazing number of sporting and recreational ones, some with their own premises. (39 different sports for example) -- this even surprised me.
Coffs Harbour Museum
Favorite thing: There is just so much to see that I couldn't narrow it down to one.
The local museum, apart from the usual bits and pieces of interest has an archive of the local paper that goes back as far as 1970 and a lot further I am told.
Fondest memory: I miss my family and walking on the beach in the mornings when I am away.
More Reviews (66)
- See All Go down a gold mine if you're game
- See All While away your afternoon in the Tavern
- See All Terrific Chinese Take Away Tucker
- See All Winter Solstice for anyone?
- See All Learn how to surf
- See All Clubbing is big in Coffs
- Accessibility - Coffs Harbour boasts of...
- Bring your own bananas
- See All A great Get away
- Don't get nipped by a duck
- See All Cinema Centre and Fruit and Vegetable...
Been to Coffs Harbour?Share your travels with the world!
unravelau's Related Pages
Coffs Harbour Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hansi came, saw and conquered."
- "Coffs Harbour - halfway town"
- "COFFS HARBOUR"
- "My First VT Meeting"
- "Coffs Harbour On The Beautiful North Coast of NSW"
- "GOING BANANAS IN COFFS HARBOUR"
- "Major coastal resort town."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Coffs Harbour
- Hotels in Coffs Harbour
- Transportation in Coffs Harbour
- Nightlife in Coffs Harbour
- Restaurants in Coffs Harbour
- Shopping in Coffs Harbour
- Warnings and Dangers in Coffs Harbour
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coffs Harbour
- 72 Reviews
- 136 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 156 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Coffs Harbour?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coffs Harbour
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Sad News :("
- updated a Coffs Harbour Travel Page "Hansi came, saw and conquered."
- Wrote a Review Places where you can entertain grandchildren in Coffs Harbour Favorites
- Commented on one of balhannah's Coffs Harbour travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "VT get to-gethers, postcards no. 4."
Photos in Coffs HarbourSee All Photos (136)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 72 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 56 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lazio Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 38 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Formia Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues