Currarong Things to Do Tips by unravelau

Currarong Things to Do: 3 reviews and 11 photos

Looking towards the wreck - Currarong

Looking towards the wreck

Ok, now for the rock pools....

Forty years ago as if it were yesterday, doesn't necessarily tell the story really. What we found was that like the years had shrunk, so had the distance between landmarks.

What I thought had been a long, long way away from our camp was in reality just a hop skip and a jump away.

Address: Not far north of town centre

Directions: Just walk from the lagoon towards the wreck and you will pass the rock pools.....better yet. .....take your swimmers and learn to swim.

• Written Jun 8, 2007
The end of the cul de sac and camping area - Currarong

The end of the cul de sac and camping area

If you have been before a long time ago

Take some photos of where you swam and compare them to those of forty years ago.

Address: The Currarong Lagoon

Directions: Drive to the cul de sac past the general store, park and walk.

Review Helpfulness: 3 out of 5 stars

View over the creek from one camping area - Currarong

View over the creek from one camping area

Take a nostalgic walk around the creek

and try to figure out which house did we stay in, which house did J stay in, which camping spot did we occupy....etc.

The more things change the more they stay the same? Is this right? We had occasion to discuss our memories and compare them with the facts of to-day. We will have to come back again in another forty years and see if our memories have changed to these ones.

Address: Currarong Creek

Directions: Go to the camping area just in town.

Lagoon and ocean at Currurong....long, long ago. - Currarong

Lagoon and ocean at Currurong....long, long ago.

Swimming swimming swimming

Well, you know how I love swimming! It was wonderful swimming at currarong because of the variety. Close to our camping spot there was a long lagoon - a tidal one that emptied and filled, ebbed and flowed every six hours. As the tide would be emptying the lagoon we would move closer to the mouth where there was a deep hole (yep even at low tide it was deep) quite near some rocks.....where we could practice swimming against the tide. We could also swim in the ocean just there or trek up to shark bay to swim - although we didn't do that often, we preferred to clamber around the rocks to two rock pools......yep, I learnt to swim there. My Mum sat on the edge of the deeper rock pool at high tide and put her feet out and I lay across her legs to practice arm and feet movements. What fun we had. I am looking forward to seeing if the pools are still there too.

Ok, ok, yep that is a photo of me with my two young cousins...I would have been 15 there. LOL.
Correction....my brother said and I am sure that he is right that I would have been only 12 in that photo. Early bloomer.

Address: Currarong via Nowra

Directions: Having found the east coast of N.S.W. and arrived at Nowra, Currarong is found 20 odd miles away from there. A really pretty part of the world.

Website: http://www.pennys.com.au/

• Updated Apr 6, 2007

unravelau

“Look at it this way then.”

Badges & Stats in Currarong

Have you been to Currarong?

Latest Activity in Currarong