Currarong Things to Do Tips by unravelau
Currarong Things to Do: 3 reviews and 11 photos
Looking towards the wreck
Forty years ago as if it were yesterday, doesn't necessarily tell the story really. What we found was that like the years had shrunk, so had the distance between landmarks.
What I thought had been a long, long way away from our camp was in reality just a hop skip and a jump away.
Address: Not far north of town centre
Directions: Just walk from the lagoon towards the wreck and you will pass the rock pools.....better yet. .....take your swimmers and learn to swim.
The end of the cul de sac and camping area
Take some photos of where you swam and compare them to those of forty years ago.
Address: The Currarong Lagoon
Directions: Drive to the cul de sac past the general store, park and walk.
View over the creek from one camping area
and try to figure out which house did we stay in, which house did J stay in, which camping spot did we occupy....etc.
The more things change the more they stay the same? Is this right? We had occasion to discuss our memories and compare them with the facts of to-day. We will have to come back again in another forty years and see if our memories have changed to these ones.
Address: Currarong Creek
Directions: Go to the camping area just in town.
Lagoon and ocean at Currurong....long, long ago.
Well, you know how I love swimming! It was wonderful swimming at currarong because of the variety. Close to our camping spot there was a long lagoon - a tidal one that emptied and filled, ebbed and flowed every six hours. As the tide would be emptying the lagoon we would move closer to the mouth where there was a deep hole (yep even at low tide it was deep) quite near some rocks.....where we could practice swimming against the tide. We could also swim in the ocean just there or trek up to shark bay to swim - although we didn't do that often, we preferred to clamber around the rocks to two rock pools......yep, I learnt to swim there. My Mum sat on the edge of the deeper rock pool at high tide and put her feet out and I lay across her legs to practice arm and feet movements. What fun we had. I am looking forward to seeing if the pools are still there too.
Ok, ok, yep that is a photo of me with my two young cousins...I would have been 15 there. LOL.
Correction....my brother said and I am sure that he is right that I would have been only 12 in that photo. Early bloomer.
Address: Currarong via Nowra
Directions: Having found the east coast of N.S.W. and arrived at Nowra, Currarong is found 20 odd miles away from there. A really pretty part of the world.
More Reviews (8)
- Well, don't be trapped into thinking
- You wont get fresher unless you catch it...
- More than adequate for a short stay
- Going to the piccies
unravelau's Related Pages
Currarong Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Currarong
- Hotels in Currarong
- Nightlife in Currarong
- Restaurants in Currarong
- Warnings and Dangers in Currarong
- See All...
Explore the World
- Lazarat Hotels
- Fuschl am See
- Kruger National Park
- Fiddown Hotels
- North Brunswick Hotels
- Guthrie Hotels
- Kazimierz Dolny
Badges & Stats in Currarong
- 12 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Currarong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Currarong
Photos in CurrarongSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 72 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 56 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lazio Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 38 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Formia Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues