"Darwin, the top end of Australia" Darwin by unravelau
Darwin Travel Guide: 695 reviews and 2,097 photos
I have yet to visit Darwin in person however I came the closest that I have ever been a week or so ago by travelling virtually with Ann and the merry revellers of the Darwin survivor trip.
Events of the past week i.e. end 7/6/14, alerted me to the need to add a word of caution re travel to Darwin and surrounds. The crocodiles are not at all cute and can grow to huge proportions. One of these extra large ones grabbed a man out of a boat (the croc was longer than the boat) and any amount of searching found no sign until just yesterday when this monster was shot, killed and opened up. Human remains were found within.
Previous attack was in January but I'm not going to give these monsters a chance.
I personally wouldn't find boating in croc areas a very interesting thing to do.
There had been a few close calls not forgetting my backward step that almost had me fallen down a mine shaft never to be found again.
Thank you Ann and Pam and everyone who made such a wonderful effort to ensure that me mates and I had a hearty time.
Many thanks too Ann for taking the time to send all of this to me....I really appreciate everything that you did.
- Pros:A sunburnt country
- Cons:A sunburnt country
- In a nutshell:Hot, hot, hot, exciting, fun, vt meeting.
unravelau's Related Pages
Darwin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Darwin (where i live and now my home) 1997 -"
- "DARWIN AND DISTRICT"
- "Northwest Darwin"
- "Crocodylus Park"
- "Capital City Of Australia's Northern Territory"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Darwin
- Hotels in Darwin
- Transportation in Darwin
- Nightlife in Darwin
- Restaurants in Darwin
- Shopping in Darwin
- Warnings and Dangers in Darwin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Darwin
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Darwin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Darwin
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 72 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 56 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lazio Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 38 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Formia Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues