"Darwin, the top end of Australia" Darwin by unravelau

Darwin Travel Guide: 694 reviews and 2,102 photos

Virtually Darwin.

I have yet to visit Darwin in person however I came the closest that I have ever been a week or so ago by travelling virtually with Ann and the merry revellers of the Darwin survivor trip.

Events of the past week i.e. end 7/6/14, alerted me to the need to add a word of caution re travel to Darwin and surrounds. The crocodiles are not at all cute and can grow to huge proportions. One of these extra large ones grabbed a man out of a boat (the croc was longer than the boat) and any amount of searching found no sign until just yesterday when this monster was shot, killed and opened up. Human remains were found within.

Previous attack was in January but I'm not going to give these monsters a chance.

I personally wouldn't find boating in croc areas a very interesting thing to do.

Va's arrived safely at the Darwin meeting

There had been a few close calls not forgetting my backward step that almost had me fallen down a mine shaft never to be found again.

Thank you Ann and Pam and everyone who made such a wonderful effort to ensure that me mates and I had a hearty time.

Many thanks too Ann for taking the time to send all of this to me....I really appreciate everything that you did.

• Pros:A sunburnt country
  • Cons:A sunburnt country
  • In a nutshell:Hot, hot, hot, exciting, fun, vt meeting.
  • Last visit to Darwin: May 1908
  • Intro Updated Jun 8, 2014

• jgemini65's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2008 at 5:07 AM

Love the photo!!! Esp., the train track!!

• diosh's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2008 at 3:43 PM

Glad you saved me!!! xx

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2008 at 1:59 AM

Heya Carol. What fun you had! haha. That was Diosh you saved from the train :o) Hopefully you can come for real next year....it's posted...Airlie Beach in September. Hugs xx

unravelau

“Look at it this way then.”

Badges & Stats in Darwin