"Jervis Bay is magnificent" Jervis Bay by unravelau
Jervis Bay Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 36 photos
Forty odd years ago, I distinctly remember visiting here as well as the other beautiful scenic spots dotted along the east coast of Australia.
To-day, the lighthouse doesn't look that much different to what it did then, and certainly, the views of the bay, from this point are still breath-taking.
There is an addition or two that might be worth reading about though, best explained by the following link.
Jervis Bay is beautiful by any standards. The day was a little hazy but still, the water is that blue (at least). Do you envy those divers down there?
That structure is new and a part of the solar powering aspect. See the above link for more information.
The lighthouse is on Government property and to gain access is not all that hard. You will stop at a road gate. Your vehicle type and number will be noted and you will be asked what you are hoping to do whilst on the property.
My brother and I were laughing out loud after passing through the gate as one of the attendants suggested that we might find honeymoon bay a nice place to check out.....ha, ha, ha.
- Pros:A great place to take some gorgeous scenery photos.
- Cons:No shelter from the rain if we had been lucky enough to have some
- In a nutshell:It has changed but not so much that it made a difference to my feelings about the place.
I am sure that this point would attract the most visitors. It was a little hazy and I am not the best photographer but I... more travel advice
http://www.lighthouse.net.au/liGhTS/Bulletin/0509/illw.htm An interesting article which gives a lot of information... more travel advice
unravelau's Related Pages
Jervis Bay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Huskisson Beach"
- "Jervis Bay is magnificent"
- "Jervis Bay, NSW, Australia"
- "Johanmx's Jervis Bay page"
- "Callala Beach (Jervis Bay Area)"
- "Callalla Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jervis Bay
- Hotels in Jervis Bay
- Shopping in Jervis Bay
- Warnings and Dangers in Jervis Bay
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Jervis Bay
- 6 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Jervis Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jervis Bay
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Music lovers game!"
- Commented on one of iandsmith's Jervis Bay travel pages
- Wrote a Review Taking photos from Point perpendicular in Jervis Bay Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Taking photos from Point perpendicular"
- created a Jervis Bay Travelogue "Lighthouses on the east coast"
Photos in Jervis BaySee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 72 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 56 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lazio Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 38 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Formia Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues