"SECOND PORT OF CALL" Top 5 Page for this destination Port Macquarie by unravelau
Port Macquarie Travel Guide: 159 reviews and 455 photos
Originally when I set off from home (Coffs Harbour) I was thinking to travel to Sydney to visit the rels for a few days. Well as I approached Nambucca Heads I thought........I will just pop in for a quick visit here and a look around. Well, I spent so much time looking around that it was heading for dark so I thought....ok, I had better stay the night. I did. A similar thing happened the next day when I finally got on the road again.
I was driving into Port Macquarie, silently calculating how many years that it had been since I had been there, when I came to a detour sign........There was a lot of traffic and I didn't recognize any landmarks so just followed the leader and out back onto the main road to Port Mac proper. It wasn't until I was again ensconced in a nice motel (later on) that I caught the news for the detour. A man had had an accident and wrapped himself around a pole or tree while travelling at high speed. He had killed himself unfortunately and so I had just chosen the short time after the accident to head into Port.
I was amazed at how Port Macquarie had grown...well after all it had been many, many years since my last visit. I just stuck to the main road and did a quick trip around marvelling at the numerous apartment buildings on the seaside and the various signs to other shopping centres.. It was quite a shock to the system, so out the other end I thought, 'where to now?'. Next I found myself on the way to Wauchope.....pronounced warhope...thinking about Timber Town another place that I haven't been for many years.
Looking south from the headland. Behind me can be seen the front row of high rise apartments to accommodate the thousands of visitors that Port Macquarie must have on a daily basis. I was really surprised to see how huge the place is now compared to when I last visited.
- Pros:Thriving metropolis, all conveniences for great holidays.
- Cons:Thriving metropolis, very busy traffic wise....
- In a nutshell:Despite its busy ness Port Macquarie still provides peace and quiet too.
The meals that I saw were breakfasts and all looked very appetizing and filling. Having had breakfast before I got there... more travel advice
Anyone who knows me, knows that I just love the beach. I will always live close to the beach, so if I decide to move to... more travel advice
unravelau's Related Pages
Port Macquarie Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PORT MACQUARIE"
- "Best Destination On NSW North Coast"
- "Port Macquarie - not just for holidays"
- "Holiday destination on the Mid North Coast."
- "SECOND PORT OF CALL"
- "Port Macquarie"
- "A nice little Australian town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Macquarie
- Hotels in Port Macquarie
- Transportation in Port Macquarie
- Restaurants in Port Macquarie
- Shopping in Port Macquarie
- Warnings and Dangers in Port Macquarie
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Macquarie
- 4 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Port Macquarie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Macquarie
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Intelligent Voice-Activated..."
- Commented on one of Sajt's Port Macquarie travel pages
- Wrote a Review Excellent coffee AND open early in Port Macquarie Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Excellent coffee AND open early"
- created a Port Macquarie Travelogue "More Beach photos at Port Macquarie"
Photos in Port MacquarieSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 72 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 56 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lazio Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 38 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Formia Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues