"Rally around in Raleigh and mosy into Mylstom." Raleigh by unravelau
Raleigh Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 9 photos
competition photo location. I sat here for about 1/2 hour and soaked up the peace and beauty...........hardly a ripple anywhere.
but when the new bridge was built, the new road by-passed the truck stop and now it looks really sad..........I will get a photo of it for you. UPDATE well I went to get a photo and it was closed and run down and sad looking so I changed my mind.
Raleigh township is by-passed by the pacific highway a few kms after Urunga heading north from Sydney.
To get there you can either fly from Sydney to Coffs Harbour and then take a bus or hire a car to travel south to Raleigh...........OR take the Raleigh exit off the Pacific Highway just North of Urunga.
How to get there. (see map).
Now when you get back onto the old pacific highway and continuing south you come to the north beach turnoff. It runs along side the most beautiful river which is another branch of the Kalang. I am not sure of the distance but it is not far (not 10 ks) and by following the river you arrive at Mylstrom.
- Pros:Without the highway passing through it is quiet.
- Cons:It is quiet.
- In a nutshell:A very small community now struggling (I think).
Just sitting there and soaking up the beautiful day .........surprisingly, in the picnic area and inside a weather shed... more travel advice
unravelau's Related Pages
Raleigh Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Raleigh
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Raleigh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Raleigh
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 72 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 56 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lazio Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 38 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Formia Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues