"Sunny Sawtell" Sawtell by unravelau
Sawtell Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 17 photos
Sawtell is a small yet popular seaside township situated close to Coffs Harbour on the North Eastern coast of NSW. It boasts of beautiful areas to fish, surf and sunbake either on the coast, rock pool (for a dip) and/or the river which joins the sea there but meanders around past the camping ground, tennis courts etc. Golf and Bowls are popular sports here and the R.S.L. and local pub provide heaps of entertainment in the evenings. There is a quaint old movie theatre that has been lovingly restored (plus organ) and features lots of Australian movies as well as American. The main street has a huge variety of dining (al fresco) restaurants which all seem to be very popular with tourists and locals alike.
There are a number of places for swimming and fishing at Sawtell. Here another little rocky area that provides a pool for children.
Let's have breakfast. A friend and I decided to 'do breakfast' at sunny sawtell yesterday. We tend to try to find a new spot for this feast on the first sunday of the month.......hence.............. Shimmers was our choice yesterday. It is situated around the middle of the group of cafes on the sidewalk and when we came to a vacant table, just sat down. I had bacon and eggs on turkish bread....no imagination I'm afraid while my companion settled on the banana bread. My goodness. No surprises with my dish but you should have seen the banana bread.....totally decadent. It consisted of a thickish slice of some bread, thoroughly drenched in some unnamed syrup and topped with a whole banana also syrup drenched. The side dishes were an overflowing dish of rasberries in their syrup and a full dish of whipped cream. Light work was made of both dishes and while I could never come at such a syrupy sweet brecky, my companion simply drooled over it. Ah well. Maybe you could try both if you come with a friend.
- Pros:Sawtell rarely changes, it retains it's small town character despite new areas surrounding it.
- Cons:Gets really busy at holiday time.
- In a nutshell:A little bit like walking back in time although everything needed is there.
then a gentle walk around the headland (boambee lookout) would be a wonderful thing to do. The track is a bit narrow in... more travel advice
unravelau's Related Pages
Sawtell Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Sawtell
- 3 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Sawtell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sawtell
Photos in SawtellSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 72 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 56 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lazio Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 38 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Formia Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaeta Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues