"Gone Fishing" unravelau's Profile

FISHING OFF MUTTON BIRD ISLAND

A friend from many years ago shared his catchy travel tune with me.
Go to youtube and search HAVE THONGS WILL TRAVEL.mov You will probably go around all day singing along with me. Thank you Tony.

****************************************************************

A little bit about Oz.

A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE DISCOVERY, SETTLEMENT AND POLITICAL INFLUENCES OF AUSTRALIA...........

Go here: - http://www.australianexplorer.com/australian_history.htm

IT IS WONDERFUL TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO VT MEET

THINKING OF BERNIE.

I went away for a week and a half and returned to find that you had left. I will always remember you "golden girl down under". You brought much love and laughter into my life....thank you....the world is a poorer place now that you have gone.

Of our short time together and a night out 'kicking up our heels'....great memories.

It is such a pleasure to meet fellow vters from other parts. Here is Bernie aka bernishand from the UK pointing to a photo of another vter's feet indicating that he didn't have his shoes on. LOL Bernie was very fond of shoes. Ha, ha,ha. He has really funny looking toes too.

**************************************************************

SWEDENBERG WROTE....

We seek the ever present,
Subtle as our life itself.
Consider even your seeking
Given to you.
Heaven knows how.
Patient seeking
Meets continuous presence.
Patient seeking
Is continuous presence.
When in the invisible
Enjoy the slightest seeing.
Honor the slightest seeing.
Gradually,
What seems uncertain,
Takes form.

When you are settled
In the way
Look at all traditions,
And see if they aren't all reflected,
In your way.
What a paradox!
We seek the design of creation,
Which we are,
And which is all about us.
It is not so hard to find
The ever present.

**************************************************************

IF MUSIC BE THE FOOD OF LOVE

Play on. I love my piano. I find it very hard to walk past it. It seems to say, play me...... so I do. I can't resist my piano. I see it sitting there and I just have to sit and play to my heart's content. I am so lucky to be able to do this.

Music plays a huge part in my life, it soothes the soul, uplifts the spirit and carries love to all who care to listen.

VTERS CAN BE SOOOOO HELPFUL.

I had a photo of a group of plants that I'd arranged into a posy and requested a name for it as one plant.

It was made up of tomato, basil, lavender, brami, parsley, water cress, apple mint, lemon mint and does it smell great.

Lesley aka purpleshade decided on tussie hussie as she reported was 'a term I learned in a school history lesson, meaning the sweet smelling posy of herbs carried by ladies in medieval times to ward off smells and 'bad humors' - I hoped that the latter also meant 'no angry people' too.

Wow! I really like that thank you Lesley.

CAROLE AS A VTER

A thought for to-day: AHA! I drove very slowly over the bridge crossing the Coffs Harbour creek to-day and realised that since all of the rain, storm and flood, my beautiful coffs creek has changed direction somewhat. Gone is this beautiful image........oh dear, I will have to take another photo.

LIVING IN THE NOW IS A GIFT, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL IT THE PRESENT.
SO ALWAYS REMEMBER TO BE PRESENT, THERE IS NO GIFT IN LIVING IN THE PAST.
(not a direct transcription but the concept is by Richard Bach, et al and moi!)

AND ANOTHER:

The most powerful thing you can do to change the world, is to change your own beliefs about the nature of life, people, reality, to something more positive, and begin to act accordingly.

Wise words by Shakti Gawain.

*****************************************************

Are you in a grey mood to-day?

“Full many a gem of purest ray serene
The dark unfathomed caves of ocean bear:
Full many a flower is born to blush unseen,
And waste its sweetness on the desert air.”

A Thomas Gray quote

Seems to often fit my mood - how about you?

******************************************************
Photography is my passion and I just love photographing old rocks (in Italy) and beautiful scenery no matter where it is. Particularly fond of sunrise and sunset photography but will have a go at anything really.

Other interests include, art, music, dance and I keep my mind in shape with U3A studies of philosophy, ancient history and peoples, dabble in the art and creative writing. Our year 2008 will shortly start for U3A, and I have elected to study a number of new topics as well as continuing with the weekly art class. The art class and participants is marvelous and I have joined the ranks of those who have now 'sold art'. Mind you I have only sold one to date, but having broken the ice I am looking forward to some fame (not fortune) along the way.

Tai chi, yoga and meditation are daily events as is a morning walk on the beach where many sunrise shots are taken.

My working life, well latter years, was centred around the social welfare areas and in particular the disability field. This was a far cry from my original focus on business management and machinery before computers........whoops, showing my age.

Photographic Content on my pages.

On the whole I have taken the photo's on my pages. An e-mail from a VT friend this morning alerted me to the fact that I hadn't written anything about this on my pages. Any photos of myself of course were taken by others.

This photograph is called duality sunrise and looks like a beach both upside down and right way up.

Please don't use any of the photos that you find on my pages until you ask. I thank you for your consideration in this matter.

More thoughts to-day 2nd September '03

I am reminded of a plaque that graced the living room wall of my family home, still remembered, many years later.

To-day I searched for the author and found her, and also the earlier verse.

Learn to make the most of life,
Lose no happy day.
Time will never bring them back,
Chances swept away.

(and then the part on the plaque)

19th January 2014.
Seems strange to be writing now but this verse has come to the fore again. My dear brother Owen passed away on 8th November 2013, and my nephew included this poem in his eulogy read to the people present in the Chapel. I had never stopped to think that this piece had also had an impact on him. He must have found words to live by in there as well. He led a good and caring life and I miss him very much.

Leave no tender word unsaid,
Love while love shall last;
for the mill will never grind
with water that is past.

Sarah Dounedney

******************************************
Details surrounding the veneer dress may be found on the last travelogue.

The wonderful five around Aleesha's Computer.

My Five Grandchildren
Only time will tell what careers this happy troup might choose. My five grandchildren are here gathered around Aleesha's computer contributing to a pussycat game.

January 19th 2014

A few years have passed since this was written. My eldest son has a new partner in life. She brings two boys the same ages as my son's daughters and so my five became seven.

The Duyfken - famous Dutch ship.

The Duyfken - In Coffs Harbour 5th October 2006. A dutch ship with strong links to Australian History.
More of the story may be read at the following link:-

Search Duyfken followed by select Australia on the Map to reach its itinerary.

When you see how low in the water and how short these exploring and adventuring vessels were, you have to admire the courage of the sailors. In this instance they were looking for gold.

.'......They did not find gold - but they did find the northern coast of a huge continent: Australia. Captain Janszoon was the first European to map and record Australia in history so Duyfken's voyage marks the beginning of Australia's recorded history........'

And now, as you prepare to browse around my vt pages......take a seat on my patio and share a capuccino with me....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh bliss.

• Intro Updated Jan 18, 2014

Feb 15, 2014 at 3:27 AM

Hello Avinash and thank you so much for visiting and making such a kind comment on my profile page. Regards, Carole.

• udtaparindaa's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2014 at 1:59 AM

the main pic that is some mind boggling capture. Loved it :D

• sudo2008's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2014 at 1:44 AM

Nice homepage and photos, best wishes and good luck from Mumbai>India

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Love reading your homepage ...especially some of the wonderful quotes. Sorry for the loss of your brother.take care.

Dec 31, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Hello Ingrid and thank you so much for the good new year wishes. I do hope that you have the very best New Year too. Carole.

Dec 31, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Hello Simone, Yes you are always smiling....it's lovely to see. Thank you so much for the New Year Wishes and I also hope that you have a wonderful year too. Carole.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Happy Happy New Year Carole! :-)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2013 at 5:01 AM

Happy New Year Carole :-)))

• HackneyBird's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Wishing you all the very best for 2014 Carole! ;-)

• kingip's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Happy New Year!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
unravelau's Profile Photo

unravelau

“Look at it this way then.”

Real Name