"Like the Lady Said: Ithaca is Gorges" Top 5 Page for this destination Ithaca by TempNomad
Ithaca Travel Guide: 233 reviews and 303 photos
I went to school at Ithaca College and have spent several summers and many happy vacations there. It's my favorite (continental US) place on earth - so far - and it has so much to offer. Last year's visit (August 2002) was a disappointment for a few reasons which center around food. The Home Dairy on The Commons has closed down (their smiley face cookies had been a regular stop on my Ithaca tours) and Joe's Restaurant and its off-shoot Little Joe's have both gone out of business. Despite these depressing shockers, Ithaca did not disappoint my need for rejuvenation. Take a look at www.14850.com for some helpful area businesses and activities.
I know Ithaca is well known for its falls and gorges, but the town is also lovely. Stop to view the town from the Cornell bridges or from the glass elevator at the Holiday Inn. :)
While all sorts are represented in Ithaca, the city itself is decidely liberal. The surrounding area is more diverse in its politics. I noticed that ITHACA IS COLD and VAGINAS ARE GORGES and PINK Ithaca is Gorges t-shirts are all sprouting up. Can't say I'm impressed with any of them.
People love to use bumperstickers to display their thoughts...check out
to see some examples.
- Pros:Calm, natural beauty, wonderful places to stay, friendly people (usually!)
- Cons:Too far from Brooklyn, CRAZY cold, loads of salt on the roads in winter
- In a nutshell:You won't want to leave
I bought after-sun treatment with lavender, a sandwich for my bus ride, a delicious drink for while I waited for the... more travel advice
Okay, so I know that during the academic year this place isn't as sedate as it was when I went, but their Scrabble set... more travel advice
- See All Log Country Inn's Dalmation
- See All 215 Feet Tall, and changing every day
- See All Winery with a View
TempNomad's Related Pages
Ithaca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Like the Lady Said: Ithaca is Gorges"
- "Ithaca, almost like a second home"
- "Ithaca - Finger Lakes Base"
- "Ithaca (is Gorges), New York"
- "So much to do"
- "Journey to Ithaca"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ithaca
- Hotels in Ithaca
- Transportation in Ithaca
- Nightlife in Ithaca
- Restaurants in Ithaca
- Shopping in Ithaca
- Warnings and Dangers in Ithaca
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ithaca
- 30 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Ithaca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ithaca
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn Intro, 52 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 26 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ithaca Intro, 30 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 24 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mount Desert Island Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 15 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maine Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Ithaca hotel reviews
- Clarion Hotel University Hotel & Conference Center Ithaca
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013
- Hillside Inn
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Rose Inn
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Courtyard By Marriott Ithaca Lansing
- 113 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Rodeway Inn And Suites Ithaca
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2013
- Statler Hotel at Cornell University
- 226 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Comfort Inn Ithaca
- 114 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013
- The Inn @ City Lights
- 122 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013
- Country Inn & Suites Ithaca
- 123 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 14, 2013
- The Hound And Hare
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 21, 2013