"It's a small, small world...grown-up style." Las Vegas by TempNomad

Las Vegas Travel Guide: 8,461 reviews and 17,450 photos

Las Vegas: loved it!

I had a wonderful few days in Vegas, but I have to admit...that was enough. For now, anyway. I arrived at almost midnight on a Tuesday and left early on that Saturday. Mid-week is definitely the time for me because the smoke and crowds grew steadily as we got closer to the weekend. I'm not a big fan of either.

We spent one day driving the roundabout way to the Valley of Fire and the other days exploring the hotels, sights, and casinos. Lots of fun sites and people!

• Pros:Always something to do...and something new to see!
  • Cons:Lots of smoke, over-priced food, crowds.
  • In a nutshell:Fun in small doses!
  • Last visit to Las Vegas: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 8, 2004

• brooklynsheart's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2005 at 1:51 PM

Your photos are amazing, but several of the Valley of Fire ones could be better in a travelogue since there aren't any comments with them.

• percy961's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2004 at 11:56 PM

I enjoyed reading the Las Vegas pages, game me some good ideas for our trip to LV this Summer, especially the drives outside of the city.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2003 at 9:39 AM

Wonderfully done I may say. I do agree with Tex-Mex and Margaritas. Yahoo! Why not!;-) Hey, great job and thanks for sharing!;-)

• Arizonarat's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2003 at 6:13 AM

I am sorry that you did not share those pool-side photos. Did you discover the tram from Bally's to MGM Grand? Nice pages. Enjoyed.

• Braveheart.southafrr's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2003 at 7:46 AM

Hi DKW the valley of fire sounds awsome ( how hot does it get).............ken

• dinhyen's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2003 at 9:18 AM

Congratulations, $84 is more than I ever won while living here :) You may be the only Newyorker who thinks NYNY is cute. Striking pictures of the Valley of Fire.

• Jun 4, 2003 at 3:40 PM

Fantastic page! Looks a great idea to have the bright lights of Vegas combined with a scenic drive

• May 30, 2003 at 11:39 PM

Very nice page and accurate tips! Fantastic pics of the scenic drive! thanks for sharing

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2003 at 5:53 PM

Interesting.

• besbel's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2003 at 3:26 PM

Very useful info and great pics, thanks for showing other cool and (at least to me) unknown aspects about Vegas :)

TempNomad

“Travel with open arms and minds; see more than the flock.”

Badges & Stats in Las Vegas

Have you been to Las Vegas?

Latest Activity in Las Vegas