"Welcome to Portland" Top 5 Page for this destination Portland by TempNomad
Portland Travel Guide: 342 reviews and 602 photos
Portland, Maine is a lovely town. It has walkable streets, lots of book shops, museums, lighthouses, ocean views, great restaurants, and art galleries. There is a lot of development going on, so other people must be discovering (re-discovering?) Portland as well!
Portland also have a First Friday Art Walk...it's free, and takes place on the first Friday of every month in downtown Portland. Check out www.firstfridayartwalk.com for more information.
Portland has quite a bit of history. This is taken from Fort Williams Park...there is a museum and the park has some information about life at the Fort for the people who lived there while on-duty.
A statue to Longfellow (notice the bookstore in the background!) graces this square. There is the Longfellow house in Portland, and lots of used and new bookstores.
- Pros:Lots of art in many different forms
- Cons:Chilly when you least expect it!
- In a nutshell:A great visit full of surprises.
There were lines at Friendly's and IHOP, so we just wanted to stop and get a quick breakfast, we stopped at Tim Horton's... more travel advice
We had a very pleasant stay. They were doing some construction at the hotel, so we got a great deal. Than, because our... more travel advice
TempNomad's Related Pages
Portland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Coast and Trees for Dual Touring"
- "A beautiful town seated by the sea"
- "Portland, Maine"
- "Autumn to Spring"
- "Welcome to Portland"
- "Portland, Maine....a happening place!!"
- "Lobster for Dinner? That'll be Maine Then!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Portland
- Hotels in Portland
- Transportation in Portland
- Nightlife in Portland
- Restaurants in Portland
- Shopping in Portland
- Warnings and Dangers in Portland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Portland
- 15 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Portland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Portland
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: News Quiz"
- Wrote a Review No breakfast sandwiches, but plenty of coffee in Portland Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "No breakfast sandwiches, but plenty of coffee"
- updated a Portland Travel Page "Welcome to Portland"
- Commented on one of Gaby_Thieme's Portland travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn Intro, 52 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 26 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ithaca Intro, 30 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 24 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mount Desert Island Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 15 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maine Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue