"A city disguised as a town" Boston by TempNomad
Boston Travel Guide: 3,979 reviews and 8,866 photos
I grew up just outside of Boston and spent much of my adolescence trying to be cool by hanging out in Harvard Square and buying used clothes. It didn't work. Now I make more grown up trips by visiting the Holocaust Memorial, enjoying the quaint areas of Boston, thinking about taking the Duck Tours (still haven't done it!), stopping by the Aquarium, and trying to be cool by walking through Newbury Street with my nose in the air. :)
I'll try to add photos soon, but the Boston pages already here are wonderful. I don't know what I could add without being redundant.
Boston has some of the greatest contrasts in building style. I love the architecture and views all over the city. This was taken on the way to South Station.
Lovely details, wonderful walking tours, amazing buildings. As I say on my New York City page...remember to stop and look up as often as possible!
- Pros:Truly beautiful, bustling, walkable
- Cons:Lots of perfectly curved baseball caps, expensive, not so walkable in winter!!
- In a nutshell:The perfect city to visit for a weekend.
It's touristy, hokey, and it can be expensive. However, it's still worth a trip. We had my sister's bachelorette party... more travel advice
Make sure to drive over the Zakim/Bunker Hill bridge...it's pretty cool. It looks nice in the rain, even. At night it's... more travel advice
TempNomad's Related Pages
Boston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BOSTON KALEIDOSCOPE AND ITS CAST OF COLORS…"
- "IF HOME IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS-THEN I LIVE HERE"
- "The Perfect Weekend Away City"
- "Boston in a Nutshell"
- "Boston Features the Old and New"
- "Boston, baby!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boston
- Hotels in Boston
- Transportation in Boston
- Nightlife in Boston
- Restaurants in Boston
- Shopping in Boston
- Warnings and Dangers in Boston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boston
- 15 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Boston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boston
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: News Quiz"
- Wrote a Review Like most corny events, it's a lot of fun. about Jake Ivory's in Boston Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "Like most corny events, it's a lot of fun."
- updated a Boston Travel Page "A city disguised as a town"
- Commented on one of diver-x's Boston travel pages
Photos in BostonSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn Intro, 52 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 26 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ithaca Intro, 30 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 24 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mount Desert Island Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 15 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maine Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue