"A city disguised as a town" Boston by TempNomad

Boston Travel Guide: 3,832 reviews and 8,175 photos

I grew up just outside of Boston and spent much of my adolescence trying to be cool by hanging out in Harvard Square and buying used clothes. It didn't work. Now I make more grown up trips by visiting the Holocaust Memorial, enjoying the quaint areas of Boston, thinking about taking the Duck Tours (still haven't done it!), stopping by the Aquarium, and trying to be cool by walking through Newbury Street with my nose in the air. :)

I'll try to add photos soon, but the Boston pages already here are wonderful. I don't know what I could add without being redundant.

Boston has some of the greatest contrasts in building style. I love the architecture and views all over the city. This was taken on the way to South Station.

Lovely details, wonderful walking tours, amazing buildings. As I say on my New York City page...remember to stop and look up as often as possible!

• Pros:Truly beautiful, bustling, walkable
  • Cons:Lots of perfectly curved baseball caps, expensive, not so walkable in winter!!
  • In a nutshell:The perfect city to visit for a weekend.
  • Last visit to Boston: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Jan 7, 2004

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2006 at 3:31 PM

I used to be a waiter, too (when I was a student in New York), so I know how you feel. Happy New Year, and greetings from Frankfurt am Main.

• amapola66's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2005 at 6:00 PM

We had some great food at this place when we used to live right around the block in Cherry St. Probably the best tasting food in Waltham (& much of Bsoton actually). It's nice to see these places here, or you may just forget. Thanks for that. :-)

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2004 at 2:07 AM

You're lucky they didn't charge you extra for the hair.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2004 at 2:01 PM

Great page, what a wondeful place to visit. You know I think there is so much just to see in the states that is just as wonderful!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2004 at 6:15 PM

Outstanding Introduction! Milky Way Lounge and Lanes looks like a "blast". Found your restaurant tips just wonderful as were your hotel tips. Enjoyed these pages about a remarkable city.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2003 at 7:57 PM

Just love your restaurant tips and comments. There are some very unusual choices in dishes there. Tiramisu is my favourite. Fun night life tips too. Always sounds a great city.

• MURRA's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2003 at 6:45 AM

the big dig is interesting they thinking of doing same in toronto along waterfront

TempNomad

“Travel with open arms and minds; see more than the flock.”

Badges & Stats in Boston