"Preciosa y un sueno" Granada by TempNomad

Granada Travel Guide: 2,040 reviews and 5,159 photos

Granada inspires tears at arrival and departure

I spent a lot of time in Granada between 1999 and 2001. It's a city I will always hold very close to my heart...unfortunately, I didn't have a digital camera at the time and scanning is a huge pain. I'll keep adding to this page as I can.

• Pros:Walkable streets, tapas, a decent bus system, access to the mountains and the ocean
  • Cons:Not always receptive to tourists (overrun at times!), you eventually have to leave
  • In a nutshell:Amazing
  • Last visit to Granada: Jun 2001
  • Intro Updated Jun 18, 2003

• nomada's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2006 at 7:51 AM

Yeah, Granada is amazing, and Alpujarras even more !

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2005 at 9:48 PM

Hey KDW :-)) wonderful page :-) Thanks for your response in the Granada forum - and yes, I'll say hello to them :-)) I'll end up for my last week in Bubion for some mountain horseback riding - it's soo lovely there ! Your TL is exciting :-)) cheers :-)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2005 at 11:55 AM

Brilliant photos (even if you did have to scan them in). I spent a week in Grenada once -- in January! It rained a lot, but I was the only tourist. It took me four days to get up there on my bicycle from Lorca.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2005 at 12:24 AM

Fabulous Sierra Nevada photos!! I spent 2 days in Granada - would love to go back one day : ))

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2004 at 11:38 PM

great place to be, bit hot at times though.lovely page

• Sep 1, 2004 at 11:19 PM

Loved your description of Semana Santa - but I must say (as someone who's participated as a "penitente") that about half of the penitents are women. Even many of the "costaleros" that carry the floats are women, and some floats are carried ONLY by women!

• diageva's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2004 at 2:16 PM

Very complet Granada's page, ... churros, alhambra, alpujarras, sierra nevada, white villages ... me ha gustado mucho ... :)) Granada es mi ciudad favorita.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2003 at 9:21 AM

It's a beautiful place with beutiful photos taken. You did a great job and thank you for sharing your special time there!;-)

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2003 at 2:42 PM

fantastic page, great tips.

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2003 at 2:27 PM

Wonderful page! Baeutiful photos and very informative! Sounds like a great place! :o)

TempNomad

“Travel with open arms and minds; see more than the flock.”

Badges & Stats in Granada

Have you been to Granada?

Latest Activity in Granada