"No pain, no gain!" Chirripó by TempNomad
Chirripó Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 28 photos
I went to Costa Rica last summer with an open agenda except for one thing: I had to climb Chirripo! I found a wonderful guide, I recruited a friend, I bought oatmeal and coffee, I had a strong knapsack and a decent coat...and away I went.
Mountains always get to me as it is (see the Sierra Nevada travelogue from Granada), but this particular view brought tears to my eyes. It's always good to get some perspective.
This view was from Ventisqueros, my favorite hike in Chirripo.
If repeling isn't your thing, at least go clambering up as many big rocks as you can. Chirripo allows for many such mini-climbs, and you feel like you're on top of the world. It's very windy; be warned!
- Pros:Views, great fellow travelers, a sense of accomplishment
- Cons:COLD showers, COLD nights, blisters
- In a nutshell:Just Do it!
This is about an hour from the lodge...it's a great view, but at this point you really want to just curl up and whimper... more travel advice
A backpack that suits you. Don't choose one bigger because you MUST bring that extra t-shirt. Choose one with the proper... more travel advice
TempNomad's Related Pages
Chirripó Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Chirripó
- Hotels in Chirripó
- Transportation in Chirripó
- Restaurants in Chirripó
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chirripó
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Chirripó?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chirripó
Photos in ChirripóSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn Intro, 52 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 26 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ithaca Intro, 30 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 24 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mount Desert Island Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 15 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maine Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue