Dinkelsbühl Things to Do Tips by TempNomad Top 5 Page for this destination
Dinkelsbühl Things to Do: 32 reviews and 78 photos
He's kind of like a warped Sleeping Beauty...
In the church in the center of town you can visit the corpse of a saint/martyr. It's interesting to check him out, and it's also kind of gross. Fun for all! You're not supposed to climb on the dais/pedestal area, but most of the people I saw still did. Perhaps because "bitte nicht betreten" was unrecognizable to most of the visitors.
Definitely worth a look-see!
Address: Center of town
Directions: It's the church where all the roads meet
Don't miss Dinkelsbuehl. It has charm without too much of the pre-packaged Disney-fied style of Rothenburg. I suggest seeing both towns, and enjoying them each for what they are: lovely.
This is one of the "secret" entrances.
You actually can go over the river and through the woods (albeit tiny woods) in Dinkelsbuehl. Don't hesitate to leave the town gates and wander past the wall. There are plenty of "secret" entrances by which you can return. We loved the unpopulated areas we found as we wandered.
While walking around town, make sure to occasionally stop and turn around. Some of the best views and lovliest places can be found that way. The town invites a leisurely stroll, so take it up on the offer. Enjoy!
Directions: Walking the circumference of the town
I would have loved to get inside this building
Walk around the town and soak in the quaint and lovely style of the buildings. The juxtaposition of the old and new is striking when you compare the homes with the widescreen televisions you can peek at through the windows. The facades are gorgeous, and if you are lucky enough to find a quiet street without cars, you can pretend you've traveled back hundreds of years.
Directions: all around town
Make sure to stop by at the center fountains that are sprinkled around the town. They have some interesting details, and they are usually near an ice cream shop or cafe. There is one by the main gate leaving Dinkelsbuehl, and another is more central. I suppose they are not exactly fountains; at least they weren't spouting water when we were there. They sure are pretty though!
There were no other people around when we stopped in, and it was so peaceful we were a little freaked out. This statue actually looked like it would wake up and say "Wie geht's?" as we entered. It was a lovely church, and it provided a short rest from the heat and sun outdoors.
Directions: If you start your "around the town" walk at the main square, this is about half-way around.
TempNomad's Related Pages
Dinkelsbühl Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "weekend in Dinkelsbühl"
- "Delightful Dinkelsbuehl, a monument to culture...."
- "Dinkelsbuehl: Lovely town with a cute name"
- "...more to come !"
- "Dinkelsbühl, a hidden gem"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dinkelsbühl
- Hotels in Dinkelsbühl
- Transportation in Dinkelsbühl
- Restaurants in Dinkelsbühl
- Warnings and Dangers in Dinkelsbühl
- See All...
Explore the World
- Province of Rizal Hotels
- Pulau Jerejak
- Arzew Hotels
- Serra de Monchique Hotels
- Bournemouth Hotels
Badges & Stats in Dinkelsbühl
- 7 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Dinkelsbühl?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dinkelsbühl
Photos in DinkelsbühlSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn Intro, 52 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 26 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ithaca Intro, 30 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 24 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mount Desert Island Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 15 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maine Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Dinkelsbühl hotel reviews
- Hotel Haus Appelberg
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2012