"Oh I wish I were an...." TempNomad's Profile
Gotta love huge billboards that say what they mean. This is a detail (if I can call it that!) of the Nathan's down in Coney Island. Now, I don't eat hot dogs, but I can appreciate a great photo op when I see one.
It's fast, it's wooden, it'll make you scream, and it'll make you want to live it again. Sometimes, like me, you'll want to just stand back and watch your loved ones have some fun. (Someone has to hold the purses and digital cameras!) :)
Over the last few years I have been a willing victim of the travel bug. I am slowly building some pages that will hopefully be helpful as well as enjoyable to peruse. Feel free to ask specific questions; I'll try to answer them as best I can.
I live in NYC, but take several brief trips to Massachusetts, and now to Maine, to visit family, and I take at least one trip a year to Ithaca, NY. Ideally, I'd spend every school vacation traveling to a far-flung location, but it's just not to be. Darn those monetary units! I've been very lucky, however, and my last trip was to Germany with my husband. It was his first time on "The Continent" and we had a wonderful time. I think he may have caught the bug now too.
We really want to visit Italy and Ireland because we've never been to either. I would love to see Wales as well. I know Spain and Germany well - in the south - and I am looking forward to exploring the northern parts of both countries. We also want to see Prague, St. Petersburg, and the Nordic countries. Once we've visited the closer countries...then we're off to the Far East. Anyone have an extra private jet? :)
I went to school in Ithaca, and just love the place. I try to go at least once a year, usually in the summer. It's a wonderful place with the most gorgeous views of waterfalls, gorges, forested trails...anything you might want. Cayuga Lake and the hills make for some fantastic views. The atmosphere of the town, and the city, is very relaxed and warm. The farmer's market, the art, the views...it's all good.
I went back and forth to Granada five times in a little less than two years. Not only is the city stunning, but the Sierra Nevada mountains will force you to rethink what beauty truly is. Check out the Granada pages for Sierra Nevada vistas (travelogues) and photos of the Alpujarras!
Granada has a great nightlife due to the University and a healthy tourism industry...but I focused on tapas, wine, and conversation rather than glow-in-the-dark dancing. (Only once!)
Costa Rica is stunning. I spent five weeks there the first time I visited. I took Spanish classes and made many weekend excursions before spending a week traveling around several destinations. I never thought I'd be into bird watching, but it was a lot of fun. I saw so many birds, including Quetzales!! On my second trip, I worked for a week in San Jose; I learned a lot about the urban problems and the tenuous relationship between tourism and honor. I then took a trip to Limon, which was wonderful! I have yet to get to Guanacaste, so hopefully that will happen relatively soon. In addition, I'd love to see the Osa Peninsula...I should have done that the first time!
Although it shocks many of my childhood and college friends, I love living in NYC. Okay, I know that most Manhattanites don't consider Brooklyn THE City, and that's just fine. More and more people are moving to Brooklyn from Manhattan out of necessity, and once they're here, they grow a new limb of pride for the borough. I live here, I work here, and I usually play here. Brooklyn has more than a little something for everyone.
Personal Pages (2)
Written Jun 27, 2005
Fanny's Birthday Party
Written Jun 27, 2005
more of Fanny's Birthday Party
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 498 Reviews
- 731 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 48 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
- TempNomad and isolanthui are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Baer Property Rentals in Mount Desert Island Warnings and Dangers
- Commented on one of Kayaklady's Bar Harbor travel pages
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: News Quiz"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Tate Britain"
- updated a Mount Desert Island Travel Page "The Perfect Island"
updated their Profile Page "Oh I wish I were an...."
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn Intro, 52 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 26 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ithaca Intro, 30 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 24 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mount Desert Island Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 15 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maine Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Paris Hotels
- 22165 Reviews - 53882 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15523 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23062 Reviews - 47262 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4464 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7633 Reviews - 19478 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos