"Oh I wish I were an...." TempNomad's Profile

Gotta love huge billboards that say what they mean. This is a detail (if I can call it that!) of the Nathan's down in Coney Island. Now, I don't eat hot dogs, but I can appreciate a great photo op when I see one.

Life is like a ride on the Cyclone...

It's fast, it's wooden, it'll make you scream, and it'll make you want to live it again. Sometimes, like me, you'll want to just stand back and watch your loved ones have some fun. (Someone has to hold the purses and digital cameras!) :)

Wanderlust - Just enjoy the journey!

Over the last few years I have been a willing victim of the travel bug. I am slowly building some pages that will hopefully be helpful as well as enjoyable to peruse. Feel free to ask specific questions; I'll try to answer them as best I can.

I live in NYC, but take several brief trips to Massachusetts, and now to Maine, to visit family, and I take at least one trip a year to Ithaca, NY. Ideally, I'd spend every school vacation traveling to a far-flung location, but it's just not to be. Darn those monetary units! I've been very lucky, however, and my last trip was to Germany with my husband. It was his first time on "The Continent" and we had a wonderful time. I think he may have caught the bug now too.

We really want to visit Italy and Ireland because we've never been to either. I would love to see Wales as well. I know Spain and Germany well - in the south - and I am looking forward to exploring the northern parts of both countries. We also want to see Prague, St. Petersburg, and the Nordic countries. Once we've visited the closer countries...then we're off to the Far East. Anyone have an extra private jet? :)

Ithaca has my heart

I went to school in Ithaca, and just love the place. I try to go at least once a year, usually in the summer. It's a wonderful place with the most gorgeous views of waterfalls, gorges, forested trails...anything you might want. Cayuga Lake and the hills make for some fantastic views. The atmosphere of the town, and the city, is very relaxed and warm. The farmer's market, the art, the views...it's all good.

Granada re-awakened my love of travel

I went back and forth to Granada five times in a little less than two years. Not only is the city stunning, but the Sierra Nevada mountains will force you to rethink what beauty truly is. Check out the Granada pages for Sierra Nevada vistas (travelogues) and photos of the Alpujarras!

Granada has a great nightlife due to the University and a healthy tourism industry...but I focused on tapas, wine, and conversation rather than glow-in-the-dark dancing. (Only once!)

Costa Rica is Amazing

Costa Rica is stunning. I spent five weeks there the first time I visited. I took Spanish classes and made many weekend excursions before spending a week traveling around several destinations. I never thought I'd be into bird watching, but it was a lot of fun. I saw so many birds, including Quetzales!! On my second trip, I worked for a week in San Jose; I learned a lot about the urban problems and the tenuous relationship between tourism and honor. I then took a trip to Limon, which was wonderful! I have yet to get to Guanacaste, so hopefully that will happen relatively soon. In addition, I'd love to see the Osa Peninsula...I should have done that the first time!

Brooklyn is my Home!

Although it shocks many of my childhood and college friends, I love living in NYC. Okay, I know that most Manhattanites don't consider Brooklyn THE City, and that's just fine. More and more people are moving to Brooklyn from Manhattan out of necessity, and once they're here, they grow a new limb of pride for the borough. I live here, I work here, and I usually play here. Brooklyn has more than a little something for everyone.

• Intro Updated Oct 10, 2005

• CEP1863's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Wishing you a very happy birthday and a year packed with lots of exciting travel.

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Happy Birthday Little Lady! May all your days be blessed with happiness and good health!

• a2lopes's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2009 at 9:11 AM

Happy birthday and many happy returns of the day. Greetings from Lisbon which is waiting for your visit

• Segolily's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Hi, you were the featured member when I signed on. Just dropping by to say hi

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Interesting, back for an update, but it looks like we've lost you.

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2008 at 7:00 PM

I saw a documentary show on hotdogs and Nathan's at Coney Island is one of the best in US. Go try it and let me know! hahaha. Have a wonderful day and happy birthday to you. :-)

• WorldMeet2008's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2008 at 3:35 AM

Your next trip? Make it really unique! It's not too late to attend WM08 - Jerusalem, Tel Aviv & Dead- Sea on 25- 28th Sept (+Petra 29-30th). We want to double the num of attendees to 100! Click to learn where, when, what, how, how much! Avi [FruitLover].

• johncudw's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2008 at 8:58 PM

Happy New Year from John and Gail in NJ (saw our pages before)

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2007 at 3:33 PM

Happy Birthday! May you have a long life full of great travels.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
TempNomad's Profile Photo

TempNomad

“Travel with open arms and minds; see more than the flock.”

Real Name