"The most unique and magical place in Lithuania" Nida by giedre
Nida Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 258 photos
The very corner of Lithuania surrouned by the sea and cut off by russian border.Filled with pine forest, the dunes, small ,cozy fishemens houses...
As they are so special and unique they have their own names.The biggest one 'Didzioji kopa' is now closed for tourist ,in order to stop it from getting smaller and moving.
It was counted be scientists that one person walking on the dunes pushes down about three tones ofthe sand.. so if we would not try to save dunes our grandchildren would already not see them....
As you might know we have one special place next to town Siauliai- it is the cross hill (more info i my homepage, about lithuanian crosses)..
so this summer i found out the is the second kind of cross hill in Nida ,too.
Many years ago moving sand covered about 16 small villages in Nida area.So no somewhere between the 'Parnidzio' and 'Didziosios' dunes you can see the small hill with many wooden crosses.
- In a nutshell:If you didnt see Nida you can't say you saw Lithuania
1.In my opinion the best and easiest way would be just go straight to the tourist information center( quite in the... more travel advice
There is more then one way to reach Nida. 1.You take the direct bus to Nida,which will take you to the very center of... more travel advice
giedre's Related Pages
Nida Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nida - Sand dunes and pine forests"
- "Nida in Curonian Spit National Park"
- "Sea and Sand"
- "The most unique and magical place in Lithuania"
- "Nida - a nice beach resort"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nida
- Hotels in Nida
- Transportation in Nida
- Nightlife in Nida
- Restaurants in Nida
- Shopping in Nida
- Warnings and Dangers in Nida
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nida
- 12 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Nida?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nida
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lithuania Intro, 23 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Austria Intro, 5 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kaunas Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nida Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vilnius Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Scotland Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trakai Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Klaipeda Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Panevezys Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue