"Town that isn't so creepy anymore!" Whittier by spintobecca
Whittier Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 47 photos
This town used to be the Stuff Stephen King Novels were made of! This is mostly a "City Under One Roof" as most of the population lives in an apartment residence called the "Buckner Building" which was built in 1953. It contains 1000 units, it was originally built as army barracks. This town used to only be accessable by rail and sea, but a tunnel has been built so you can drive in now. This has lessened the creepy value on this town a great deal. If you would like to virtual drive the tunnel to Whittier, try this site:
- Cons:Where the (#&$@ am I?
- In a nutshell:Bring a toothbrush, just in case.
Many people who live in Alaska get certified before they go on vacation to the warmer regions. The final part of the... more travel advice
...this entire town is a tourist trap. Unless you are a scuba diver or a fisherman... more travel advice
spintobecca's Related Pages
Whittier Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Town that isn't so creepy anymore!"
- "Whittier - Secret City...But not much to do"
- "A bit spoiled by the concrete"
- "The Barrack City"
- "Whittier, Alaska"
- ""Whittiots" - The strangest town in Alaska"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Whittier
- Hotels in Whittier
- Transportation in Whittier
- Nightlife in Whittier
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Whittier
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Whittier?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Whittier
Top 10 Pages
- Anchorage Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 45 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Eagle River Intro, 21 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Key West Intro, 20 reviews, 5 photos
- Alaska Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Monteverde Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Talkeetna Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Eklutna Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Woody Island Intro, 9 reviews, 2 photos
- Whittier Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue