"Kodiak" Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak by spintobecca
Kodiak Travel Guide: 258 reviews and 460 photos
"To the lover of pure wildness Alaska is one of the most wonderful countries in the world." ..."it seems as if surely we must at length reach the very paradise of the poets, the abode of the blessed."
-John Muir in Alaska
Although I'm currently living in Eagle River, I grew up in Kodiak and it is my official home town. If you haven't caught a glimpse of this island on the Discovery channel or in a great magazine, you are in for a treat. This island is frequently called "The Northernmost Hawaiian Island" as it is also a lush green paradise. Temperatures in the summer may hover in the 60s.
You can visit my Kodiak Website at http://www.thewatercooler.com/yoga
A view of the landing strip you will float down upon when you fly in!
- Pros:Isolated, a bit of a dream world
- Cons:Isolated, a bit of a dream world
- In a nutshell: the abode of the blessed
While not as wet as Crab Festival 2002 (See accompianing tip) 2003 suffered the wrath of wind on a few days. I suppose... more travel advice
If you are an American Serviceman (or woman) traveling in the Kodiak Area who comes to injury, you may find yourself... more travel advice
- See All Sign to watch for when accessing Buskin...
- See All Small Poodles = Tasty Nuggets
- See All Anton Larson Bay
- See All Beach: Buskin River Beach
- See All Kodiak Bars
spintobecca's Related Pages
Kodiak Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kodiak Alaska"
- "Kodiak Alaska -- My Home Town"
- "A Town Like Any Other Town, But With a Difference"
- "The Emerald Isle"
- "NORTH to ALASKA!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kodiak
- Hotels in Kodiak
- Transportation in Kodiak
- Nightlife in Kodiak
- Restaurants in Kodiak
- Shopping in Kodiak
- Warnings and Dangers in Kodiak
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kodiak
- 45 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 37 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Kodiak?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kodiak
Top 10 Pages
- Anchorage Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 45 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Eagle River Intro, 21 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Key West Intro, 20 reviews, 5 photos
- Alaska Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Monteverde Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Talkeetna Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Eklutna Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Woody Island Intro, 9 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whittier Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue