"Kodiak" Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak by spintobecca

Kodiak Travel Guide: 256 reviews and 446 photos

Kodiak Island, Abode of the Blessed

"To the lover of pure wildness Alaska is one of the most wonderful countries in the world." ..."it seems as if surely we must at length reach the very paradise of the poets, the abode of the blessed."

-John Muir in Alaska

Although I'm currently living in Eagle River, I grew up in Kodiak and it is my official home town. If you haven't caught a glimpse of this island on the Discovery channel or in a great magazine, you are in for a treat. This island is frequently called "The Northernmost Hawaiian Island" as it is also a lush green paradise. Temperatures in the summer may hover in the 60s.

You can visit my Kodiak Website at http://www.thewatercooler.com/yoga

A view of the landing strip you will float down upon when you fly in!

• Pros:Isolated, a bit of a dream world
  • Cons:Isolated, a bit of a dream world
  • In a nutshell: the abode of the blessed
  • Last visit to Kodiak: May 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 22, 2003

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2006 at 3:49 PM

Nice job on Kodiak birthday girl! How are things in beautiful downtown Eagle River? Spent a weekend at your new hotel last summer!

• umashanker's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2005 at 2:23 AM

Very intersting.

• bluebug's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2005 at 1:22 AM

I love your Kodiak pages. I used to live there but my family moved when I was still a kid. All I have are great stories from my family and photos taken from back in the 80's.

• Scandic's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2005 at 5:14 AM

Holy Cow Becca! You make me cry with these pages of yours...I cry and laugh and I miss AK so incredible much. Wanna take the first flight tere, even it is 28hrs from here by plain and even the winter mostly sucks....Gosh. But i keep reading...

• Jul 10, 2003 at 7:13 PM

Wow...just what I've been looking for. You create GREAT pages! Great descriptions. Can't WAIT to spend extended time there! THANK YOU!

• SoccerGirl09's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2003 at 3:14 PM

I married a guy from Kodiak, AK... I can't wait to go there. It looks beautiful.

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2003 at 9:24 AM

I would love to visit this wonderful town one day! Greart Updates! and you have the great sense of humor in all your tips! hypothermia..are you a Doc? Oh those Russians, they are everywhere LOL

• bct341's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2003 at 10:01 AM

great photos!! makes me realize what I miss about Alaska!!

• May 27, 2003 at 3:53 PM

Where are the Eagle pictures from Eagle river? :) Jim

• Ironic1's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2003 at 2:39 PM

Great, intimate tips! Love the John Wayne grafitti.

spintobecca

“Follow your bliss. and don't forget to take time for cocktail hour.”

Badges & Stats in Kodiak