"spintobecca's Eagle River Page" Eagle River by spintobecca

Eagle River Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 41 photos

Summer is upon us

Eagle River: Suburb of Anchorage Alaska, Playground for the adventerous, escape for the city people.

In my upcoming move to Hawaii, I know I will miss this small town which has taken a year to fully appreciate it. There goes Summer making everything bearable again! I can almost forget the icy roads and car accident... er wait I have these cold icy pictures here on VT... maybe I won't forget!

Winter Driving

These roads are horrible! My car was totaled in an accident a few weeks back... no messing around on these Alaskan roads! All you ski people, bring studded snow tires!

This is such a cute little town, I'm not quite completely familiar with it yet. I've been here since Feb, and it's still like I'm visiting, but I can give you what I know. This town is a suburb of Anchorage, so all the big attractions (shopping/entertainment wise) are about 9 minutes away on the highway.

• Pros:Close to Anchorage
  • Cons:Living here equals and ugly commute
  • In a nutshell:Nice town, if you can get it
  • Last visit to Eagle River: May 2003
  • Intro Updated May 27, 2003

• Ericasmurf99's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2008 at 2:07 PM

We are looking to buy a house in Eagle River (moving soon - will be working at the Air Force base). You have some pretty photos on here of the town!

• mavl's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2007 at 12:03 PM

from alaska to hawaii? that's pretty drastic, how did that turn out? hope you enjoy your birthday!

• Hermanater's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2006 at 5:47 PM

Happy Birthday...you live in a truely beautiful place...

• alore's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2005 at 1:42 AM

That's so strange out there. thanks for showing us..

• AKHermit's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2005 at 8:57 AM

Nice to see another person from Eagle River on VT. Have a good one.

• Feb 7, 2004 at 6:02 AM

I wish I had made it here, but I pulled out of the Yukon at Forty-Mile. Great page!!

• Jan 25, 2004 at 10:17 PM

hi there.......we live in south florida.......stay in new mexico for a while a year....planning on settling down in anchorage.........eagle river....loved the pics......made me look forward to go there.

• vesna04's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2003 at 3:06 PM

excellent page.

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2003 at 4:15 AM

My Daddy is moving here next month..... been house hunting here for the past few days..... Great Town!!

• Aug 23, 2003 at 8:56 PM

I hear that the Alaskan Moose burger is out of this world. Furthermore, I also hear that the local cuisine in your neck of the woods is to die for. Sadly, I can’t speak from experience.

spintobecca

“Follow your bliss. and don't forget to take time for cocktail hour.”

Badges & Stats in Eagle River

Have you been to Eagle River?

Latest Activity in Eagle River