"Travel Updates" spintobecca's Profile
The transition into Rome life has been steeper than I expected! I feel (and other people have also stated) Rome is quite a bit like New York.. people work very hard to create a sense of personal space and privacy in view of the crowded lifestyle here! Meeting people has been a struggle! I've been enjoying the usual sites- who wouldn't and also seeking little treasures of life.
Somewhere between Mexico and Costa Rica, things have gotten comfortable! The sunshine is so different from Alaska, I can hardly believe sometimes that I am living the same life!
Winter is so very cold this year. It hasn't snowed yet, but it's freezing cold and the frost is coming in fast! Tonight it apparently has upset the groundwater around my house, and the foundation will have to be altered. Respect for water, respect for nature.
I lived in a tent this summer in Talkeetna Alaska. While serving beer and food to tourists I spent my free time rafting. Just don't fall in!
Like the slow graceful turn of a ballerina’s head, summer has eased into Alaska. Taking no prisoners, the heat has been in the 80s these past few weeks. We all must hide with our fans.
Just this morning, I was told of a new secret lake up by Thunderbird falls, so expect photos and tales soon to come!
March 03, 2003
It's been a very warm winter, record temperature warm! The Iditarod Sled Dog race was altered to accomdate the warm weather! For the ceremonial start in the city of Anchorage, an "Emergency" sled dog trail of snow had to be trucked in so that the dogs sleds had a way to get out! A whole new route was devised just to find snow! This year instead of Anchorage to Nome, it's Fairbanks to Nome! At least the roads are clear, no ice! I've been busy with my German language class... I can't believe it's half way done! Hope to find out soon if I will be moving to Hawaii... wish me luck!
Winter has gone well, after my car was totaled due to icy roads, I've purchased another vehicle. Unfortunately I'm the only girl in Alaska now driving without studded tires, so I am also the SLOWEST driver in Alaska. Any ideas of how to get people to stop tailgaiting you?
It happened! The snow hit last night, and it is a winter wonderland here! Want to see Anchorage cams? Here are some sites with webcams!(many views!)
These are just of Anchorage and Eagle River
Another one of my faves is a site showing various cams around Alaska,
The best parts of fall are finished, now Anchorage is a city waiting for it to snow. Sunrises are excellent, the air is not dangerous yet, it's still only brisk. I will have to stop wearing sandals if it snows...
Back in Anchorage, summer is winding up. I'm a bit dissapointed since I spent the best part of summer in Europe (I know, sorry!) summers here are precious. Not believing winter should come, but it's on it's way!
Okay! I am in Florence. Its almost just a ghetto old city with alot of fabulous artwork. Mostly, i have just seen things in passing as I was on the way to class. ...Like the man with no legs and a stump left arm. He was basically a trunk just placed along an alley, begging, duh! I have asked around, they think he is a gypsy, or at least that is who carts him off at night.... I did not see the movie Hannibal, but I guess the piazza that I see out my window is the one they used for the movie. I can see the Duomo from my bedroom window, and I have a cute vanity set. All in all, things are good. Tommorow i will find the market and get food.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 187 Reviews
- 208 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 18 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
- spintobecca and Hmmmm are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Seward Forum "Re: Seward to Anchorage"
- Wrote a Review Hotsprings in Monteverde! in Monteverde Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Drink dance and crawl upstairs!"
updated their Profile Page "Travel Updates"
- updated a San José Travel Page "Lovely"
- Commented on one of Siddha3th's New Delhi travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Anchorage Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 45 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Eagle River Intro, 21 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Key West Intro, 20 reviews, 5 photos
- Alaska Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Monteverde Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Talkeetna Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Eklutna Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Woody Island Intro, 9 reviews, 2 photos
- Whittier Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22500 Reviews - 55076 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23331 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15645 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3100 Reviews - 5884 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10316 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos