"Etterbeek : the Brussels commune where I live" Etterbeek by ptitetoile
Etterbeek Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 64 photos
Etterbeek, the central commune of Brussels, incorporates the European district and the Cinquantenaire / Jubelpark-complex. The urbanisation of the commune dates back from the 19th century. For over half a century, Etterbeek was garrisoned. What are now the ULB and VUB university campuses used to be the parade grounds of the barracks erected between 1875 and 1883. Etterbeek is close both to downtown and the big Brussels forest (called forêt de Soignes / Zoniënwoud). There are a lot of green areas (for example the Cinquantenaire park) and shopping area : La Chasse / Jacht, rue des Tongres / Tongerenstraat and place Jourdan / Jourdanplein with its reknowned market.
ptitetoile's Related Pages
Etterbeek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Etterbeek, not Etterbèque :)"
- "Etterbeek : the Brussels commune where I live"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Etterbeek
- 1 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Etterbeek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Etterbeek
Top 10 Pages
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 92 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 43 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 46 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù Intro, 30 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 32 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Calgary Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mons Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Humahuaca Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salta Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues