"Marrakesh forever" Marrakesh by ptitetoile

Marrakesh Travel Guide: 2,238 reviews and 6,152 photos

Rich nature and culture....

After having spent 3 days in the area of Guelmin, Marrakech was the town we absolutely wanted to see.... its fame, its nature, its palms and moutains in the background, its culture centrum... that were all the things that attracted us... And indeed, we were right about our choice : we really enjoyed discovering this wonderful town in all these aspects!

...and lively atmosphere!

But the thing that impressed me the most was the life in the street! Maybe that was because of the contrast with the very quiet Guelmin we visited before! I was so surprised that everybody was out! Women as well as men, children and old people...and also a lot of tourists. There was like a very tolerant atmosphere where you can be whoever you want, the population seems to be used to tourists and accept the differences. The energy of the town is fantastic. It could be even much better without the too many scooters...

• Last visit to Marrakesh: Nov 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 12, 2004

• Wafro's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2008 at 11:58 AM

Love to visit Mrrksh once, already thanks for the great information. GRTz

• condorito's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2006 at 12:05 PM

I love Marrakesh

• 2-day's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2006 at 11:33 AM

good info! planning to go to Marrakesh this summer (yes i know it is very hot). might try your hotel. Martin

• Christianne's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2005 at 9:26 PM

Looks great! Would like to visit it one day!

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2005 at 3:42 AM

Looks like you had a wonderful time Sarah! Great tips & photo's. Happy travels, Blu

• jamiesno's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2004 at 7:29 AM

I wanted to see the snake charmers in Tetouan but none on the day of my visit. You got some great pictures there in the square. You should have zoomed in on the little buggers, heheh. Great page though Sarah. Did you try cous cous?

• manuelEB's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2004 at 12:56 AM

You've been working hard. I do recognize a girl in the pictures...yeah. I think I saw her in a more BLUE attirement...(-;

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2004 at 8:20 AM

A very nice and personal page which recalls lots of memories! - Thank you for your visit and comment on my most popular page!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2004 at 10:23 AM

What can I say? Just one word: FANTASTIC (page and Marrakesh!)

ptitetoile

“Our imagination is the limit”

Badges & Stats in Marrakesh

Have you been to Marrakesh?

Latest Activity in Marrakesh