"Cassis, little touristic harbour near Marseille" Top 5 Page for this destination Cassis by ptitetoile

Cassis Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 87 photos

There is an expression in the region saying "Qui a vu paris et non Cassis n'a rien vu" (Who has seen Paris but not Cassis, has seen nothing)...Well, I agree, Cassis is a wonderful picturesque warm little village surrounded by wineyards between the Calanques and one of the highest rock of Europe called Cap Canaille. The village has kept its quiet way of life and typical architecture, etc...but is overcrowed in the weekend and all terraces are full...it is a kind of Saint Tropez of Marseille :-)

But for the ones who want a little bit more peace, there are some wonderful calanques a bit further North...There are more visited and a little less "savage" as the ones of Marseille, but still have some nice point of views and impressive inlets...

• Last visit to Cassis: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 14, 2005

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2007 at 1:16 AM

We just returned from Marseille and Cassis, so I know what you are talking about (except that we did a boat tour instead of climb ing!!) Lovely pictures here!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2005 at 11:52 AM

I would love to visit this part of France! Beautiful photos of those picturesque coves and cliffs!

• Muya's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2005 at 3:04 AM

The Calanques are so beautiful... I remember the view we had from above on that splendid blue sea surrounded by the cliffs... Very nice page !

ptitetoile

“Our imagination is the limit”

Badges & Stats in Cassis