"Buenos Aires Big Apple" Buenos Aires by ptitetoile
Buenos Aires Travel Guide: 4,766 reviews and 8,858 photos
You ought to know whatcha gonna get in me
Just a little touch of star quality!
Fill me up with your heat, with your noise, with your dirt, overdo me
Let me dance to your beat, make it loud, let it hurt, run it through me
Don't hold back you are certain to impress
Tell the driver this is where I'm staying...
Rio de la Plata!
Florida! Corrientes! Nueve de Julio!
All I want to know!"
Madonna - From the motion picture Evita
These words could have been mine...before my travel. From Buenos Aires, I expected everything and nothing at the same time, just wanting to be impressed by its strenght, diversity and immensity! And I get what I wanted!
Buenos Aires was the first stop in my travel in Argentina. I visited the City part by part...by foot...it is a fantastic way to experience it to the max!!! So in my pages, I explained the must see activities by "Barrio" (neighborhood) I walked through... the best way to get to know this big city ! These are Montserrat, Retiro & San Nicolas, San Telmo, Recoleta, Puerto Madero...
I was fascinated by the lively streets, the old cars and pick-up, the millions taxis, the colorful shops everywhere, the astonishing traffic organisation, the old abandonated but charming houses, the difference between the neighborhoods, the green of the parks, the paintings on the walls...
Did I not talk about tango? Well, all in the old town of Buenos Aires make you think about it : music in the streets from the music stores, the "old time"- atmosphere of the old neighborhood San Telmo, the "recuerdo"-shops, the touristic street Caminito, the dancers in the streets, the portraits of Carlos Gardel in the cafes...
For the tangueros of the entire world coming there, there are also tens of tango venues per day, hundreds of tango teachers and tango lessons, a lot of tango shoes shops, restaurants with tango shows... You can't hardly choose!!! You want to try everything to get this argentine tango experience! The most difficult is to get used to the keys of the social tango codes in a tango ball!!!! Thanks god, I had my Charlie with me to make me dance a little bit ;-)
You must taste at least one ice cream in Buenos Aires!!!! I did at Freddo in Recoleta and I tried the ice cream with... more travel advice
The Reserve offers you one of the nicest view on the City...I really loved this skyline and this mix of modernity and... more travel advice
ptitetoile's Related Pages
Buenos Aires Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buenos Aires, a city I really LOVE!"
- "Buenos Aires 2004"
- "Mi Buenos aires Querido..."
- "Buenos Aires the local way!"
- "My Home Away from Home"
- "BUENOS AIRES - I AM ALWAYS BACK!!!!!"
- "Buenos Aires - it's great!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buenos Aires
- Hotels in Buenos Aires
- Transportation in Buenos Aires
- Nightlife in Buenos Aires
- Restaurants in Buenos Aires
- Shopping in Buenos Aires
- Warnings and Dangers in Buenos Aires
- See All...
Explore the World
- Praia de Mira
- Jersey Hotels
- Kampung Jambu Bongkok
- Lake Connewarre Hotels
- Serra de Arrábida
- Falim Hotels
- Shenzhen Hotels
- Pearl's Hill City Park
- Fort Ross State Historic Park Hotels
- Pensacola Beach
- Burr Oak State Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires
- 68 Reviews
- 92 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Buenos Aires?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buenos Aires
- updated a Buenos Aires Travelogue "All you want to know about tango"
- Uploaded a Photo to "All you want to know about tango"
- Commented on one of VeronicaG's Buenos Aires travel pages
- Posted in Travel Brussels Forum "Doudou"
- Wrote a Review For tasty ice cream about Ice Creams & other nice sweet things in Buenos Aires Restaurants
Photos in Buenos AiresSee All Photos (92)
Top 10 Pages
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 92 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 43 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 46 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù Intro, 30 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 32 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Calgary Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mons Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Humahuaca Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salta Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Buenos Aires hotel reviews
- Bristol Hotel Buenos Aires
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Dazzler Libertad
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 2, 2013
- Loi Suites Recoleta
- 151 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Concord Callao Suites
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Feirs Park
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- Embassy All Suites
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 25, 2012
- Howard Johnson Express Inn Belgrano Buenos Aires
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Tailor Made Hotel
- 123 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 16, 2013
- Plaza San Martin Suites
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Gran Hotel Argentino
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2012
- El Conquistador Hotel
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 12, 2013
- Panamericano Buenos Aires Hotel
- 98 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 16, 2013
- Castelar Hotel And Spa
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- Design Suites Buenos Aires
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- NH Tango
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013