"Cafayate : the Far-West of Argentina" Top 5 Page for this destination Cafayate by ptitetoile
Cafayate Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 160 photos
Cafayate (1700m) is a peaceful little town in extreme southwestern Salta province (183 km from Salta). It is famous for its wineries where it is possible to taste some wines and spend a relaxing time enjoying the sunny climate. I loved the quiet atmosphere and the slow pace of the life there...it was like a holiday village.
Cafayate is also the name of the wonderful Quebrada/canyon created by the Rio de las Conchas. The Quebrada can be seen from the road n°68 that follows the river. It begins a bit further the little place called Alemania and ends just before arriving in Cafayate.
The river descending from the high Andes has carved this deep canyon through the arid zone, exposing the multicolored sedimentary strata under the surface soils. Many of these layers have eroded to strange rock formations. (The same process took place in the Quebrada de Humahuaca.) And these formations created a extraordinary scenery...with almost unearthy landscapes! There a no words strong enough to describe the Quebrada....Fantastic, special, estonishing,... A must! More details in the must see activities!
There a some kilometers away from Cafayate...and they are really worth! Take a look at the page of Quilmes! more travel advice
The most famous formation of the Quebrada : the obelisc!!! It is also my favourite, non only for the form but also for... more travel advice
ptitetoile's Related Pages
Cafayate Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A town of Bodegas"
- "Cafayate : the Far-West of Argentina"
- "Cafayate, For the Wine and Colorful Canyons"
- "Quebrada de Cafayate"
- "Salta's Vineyard..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cafayate
- Hotels in Cafayate
- Transportation in Cafayate
- Restaurants in Cafayate
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cafayate
- 13 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Cafayate?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cafayate
Photos in CafayateSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 92 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 43 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 46 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù Intro, 30 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 32 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Calgary Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mons Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Humahuaca Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salta Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues