"Tucuman...history...or tango?" San Miguel de Tucumán by ptitetoile
San Miguel de Tucumán Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 112 photos
Tucuman has been a very important town in the history of Argentina. It was in a certain time a sort of "capital" and is a symbol for the country. So I thought to visit some historical places there...during the afternoon when we were in Tucuman, waiting for the bus to go to Mendoza.
But as we were a bit disapointed because there was no sun and a lot of pollution near the bus terminal...we wondered what we could do... and we were lucky : on the Plaza Independencia, we heared some tango sounds....yes!!! There was a outdoor milonga going on! The place was really nice and a oasis of freshness...we danced tango there the whole afternoon and we get to know the local dancers...It was in fact the day of (the death of) Carlos Gardel and thus the day of the tango! The milonga was organised for a charity association for the children of Tucuman. We were even announced by the local teacher to the people around and it was as if we were tango guest and they put specially milongas for us to make a kind of performance !! It was a great afternoon!
Wel for me, in my heart, Tucuman is more tango than history ;-)
ptitetoile's Related Pages
San Miguel de Tucumán Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina"
- "Tucuman - the perfect place for siesta"
- "San Miguel de Tucumán"
- " San Miguel de Tucumán "
- "NW Argentina, LOVE IT!!"
- "Fun in Tucuman"
- "Tucuman...history...or tango?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Miguel de Tucumán
- Hotels in San Miguel de Tucumán
- Transportation in San Miguel de Tucumán
- Nightlife in San Miguel de Tucumán
- Restaurants in San Miguel de Tucumán
- Warnings and Dangers in San Miguel de Tucumán
- See All...
Explore the World
- Parte de Banilad Hotels
- Breisach am Rhein
- Morrow Mountain State Park Hotels
- Redwood City Hotels
- Limassol Hotels
- Grosse Pointe Farms Hotels
- Puerto Galera
- Lake Tahoe State Park
- Niagara Falls
- Arkansas Hotels
Badges & Stats in San Miguel de Tucumán
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to San Miguel de Tucumán?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Miguel de Tucumán
Top 10 Pages
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 92 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 43 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 46 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù Intro, 30 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 32 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Calgary Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mons Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Humahuaca Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salta Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues