"Jujuy: last town before the northern Indian region" San Salvador de Jujuy by ptitetoile
San Salvador de Jujuy Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 66 photos
Jujuy is a town situated about 80 km in the north of Salta and at the southern end of the Quebrada de Humahuaca. The town is not that touristic but has a nice Andean atmosphere thanks to its mainly Quechua population and its always springlike climate. The town is divided in two parts by the Rio XibiXibi (the old town and a newer neighborhood).
It has of course a central "Plaza" : Plaza Belgrano with the normal quadrat organisation and surrounded by the nicest buildings (Cabildo, Cathedral, Tourist office,...).
The streets were also very crowded with a colorful population at the time of my visit. The nicest thing for me was the Mercado del Sur, on the other side of the Rio.
The Mercado del Sur is opposite to the bus terminal at Av. Dorrego and Leandro Alem, on the south side of the Rio Xibi... more travel advice
ptitetoile's Related Pages
San Salvador de Jujuy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jujuy - northern Argentina"
- "Jujuy: last town before the northern Indian region"
- "Pietro_4wd's new Argentina page"
- "Above all, the Thermas - Surtout, les thermes"
- "In transit to Quebrada de Humahuaca"
- "City of San Salvador de Jujuy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Salvador de Jujuy
- Hotels in San Salvador de Jujuy
- Transportation in San Salvador de Jujuy
- Nightlife in San Salvador de Jujuy
- Restaurants in San Salvador de Jujuy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Salvador de Jujuy
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to San Salvador de Jujuy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Salvador de Jujuy
Photos in San Salvador de JujuySee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 92 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 43 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 46 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù Intro, 30 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 32 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Calgary Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mons Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Humahuaca Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salta Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues