"Welcome into the sky of ptitetoile" ptitetoile's Profile

Life with passion

Life is a wonderful present and the most important for me is to live it with passion!!! The passions that give a sense to my life are dancing, travelling and meeting people from different countries. And that is to share them with you that I built these pages on VT!!!

So on my pages, you will find infos about my travels but also about my dance experiences. Why? Well, for me, both have the same goal : exploring, discovering... the outside as well as the inside of the things.
Travelling is maybe more turned to the outside, the other : getting to know other countries, lands, landscapes, people, cultures. But then, all the knowledge we get from the travels, the meetings, the new experiences makes us become really rich inside! And that helps to guide our personnal life!!!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

With the dance, it is the same process but on the other direction. For me, it is a way to discover ourselves, our inner energy and to let it blow outside and then try to communicate it to the others. And these social contacts can indefinitely grow...

"Creativity is discovering the treasures that we have inside and with these treasures, discovering these of the world" - Jaqueline Robinson

Beside of that, dance is a part of the culture and approaching a country with its dance is a very good way to get to know it. Dance is a language without borders...

"There is some place where your specialness can shine, somewhere that difference can be expressed. It's up to you to find it, and you can. - David Viscott

There is also a kind of travel that is very special to me : the travel in the imagination. As a little girl, I was always told that I was "in a dream"...And I think I have not changed a lot : each of my travel comes from a dream I want to realize, each dance makes me closer from the dreamed happiness :-)

"Nothing happens unless first a dream." -- Carl Sandburg

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Travels

The travels the more documented are the ones I made since 2001. My latest travel destination in Asia was India, the country of the dance, the funny movies and music, the smiles, the inspiring culture and the playfull gods. My latest travel destination in Africa was Morocco. I spent there two wonderful weeks in a extraordinary nature, visiting Marrakesh, the Atlas, the desert and the coastal town Essaouira. My latest travel destinations in Europe was the sunny spanish capital Madrid. My latest travel destination in America was Calgary, Vancouver and Montreal in Canada where I did my first big business trip!

Danceland

As there is no Danceland in the VT proposals for countries (:-), I put dance infos in the corresponding towns/cities. Sometimes is dance occasionnal during a journey in a foreign country of town, but it can be also a goal of a travel due to a special occasion : a festival, a famous dance place or dancing weekend...and then is sightseeing a plus :-) In that way, dance make you travel!
For more infos and pictures about dance (salsa, tango, oriental dance, hip hop, tap dance, modern jazz, lindy hop, Bharata Natyam (South Indian classical dance) -my latest discovery- etc...) look at my travelogues here under and the pages of Brussels, Nijmegen, Arnhem, London, Istanbul, Cologne, Amsterdam, Zuerich, Gent, Paris, Sitges, and Buenos Aires, and India.
For more infos about tango, take a look at my %L [http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/5e2f2/#TL]"all you want to know about tango" travelogue%L* on my Buenos Aires page.

I developped also my own website about my passion of dancing! Please have a look at it on http://www.sarahcademy.be. You will know everything about me as a dancer!
Lately I just created my first big dance show "Tribute to Madonna Dancing Queen"! Click here for more info! Next date will be on the 29 of March in Ghent! c*

Art

Dance is an art but I am also very interested by other forms of art. Creativity is a very important thing for me and it is great when you can express it manually too. I used to draw a lot when I was younger but I am still doing some little odd jobs like creating personnalised birthday cards,... And now finally I am following drawing and sculpture lessons...and I like it a lot!!! See some of my works on the Art page :-)

Ptitetoile

My nickname means little star in one word in French : it is the name that a pen-friend gave me some years ago ;-) Maybe related to my love for dance or the fact that I am always dreaming and "in the clouds" :-)

For more pictures about "stars" see my star collections travelogues.

Roots

My passion for the dance and the travel does not make me forget my home (it means also my affective bounds) in Belgium... My first home is Mons, a nice little middel-age town, where I was born and lived 22 years with my loving family.
Somewhere in June, one of the greatest traditionnal party from the Middle Age of Belgium (dare I say of Europe???) takes place in Mons: THE "DUCASSE DE MONS" or the "DOUDOU"! This is the biggest event of my birth town and I worked hard to share with you my passion for it... take a look at my Mons page and my travelogues "Mons, town of the Doudou" and "Doudou VT & Co meeting"

My second and current home is Brussels, where I have been developping with the years a new fascinating social life thanks to work, dance and travel :-) Having always more friends is so great... we need so much the others to be happy in the life!

Most of my friends are like me and love travelling and some are also on VT : the well known blue star Bigjones (in black) and Muya (in white), Titanik (in grey), Beckhanne (in red) and the latest, the exotic Monoii :-)

And for more picture about this wonderful group of friends see my SAPian-page.
For our craziest parties, see our corresponding parties' travelogue

Biking

For some years now, I use my bicycle as transportation in Brussels... a very great way to move, giving a big freedom and flexibility while protecting the environnement. And in in the Summer 2006 I did a great 4-days biking trip from Alkmaar to the Northern Holland island Texel and back...A real pure moment of pleasure in a piece of paradise! So I decided to develop more pages about the bicycle possibilities in Brussel and in the places I visited in the world! An particulary good mention for Holland which has the most wonderful, safe and large bike trail network in the world!

* * * *

-Rallarvegen - Norway
-Stanley Park + Vancouver downtown - Canada
-San Francisco downtown-Sausalito - California USA

• Intro Updated Dec 23, 2008

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
ptitetoile's Profile Photo

ptitetoile

“Our imagination is the limit”

Real Name