"Hexham - lots of history packed into a small town!" Hexham by fizzb
Hexham Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 82 photos
Hexham manages to pack a lot into a small space. For those interested in history, it's very close to Hadrian's Wall, and has some very old buildings itself (notably the Old Gaol and the Moot Hall). The Abbey is a beatiful building, providing an oasis of calm. There is a selection of shops - from major chains through to small independent traders. In addition, there are a lot of good places to eat (including four Indian restaurants!)
Hexham Abbey is a lovely old building, with lots of interesting features. It's free to go and have a wander around, or... more travel advice
A small restaurant, set just off Hexham's main street. There's a great variety of food, all listed on the blackboards.... more travel advice
fizzb's Related Pages
Hexham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Interesting and Unusual Northumberland Town"
- "Langley Castle--Hexham, Northumberland"
- "Hexham - lots of history packed into a small town!"
- "One of Northumberlands gems"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hexham
- Hotels in Hexham
- Transportation in Hexham
- Restaurants in Hexham
- Shopping in Hexham
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hexham
- 4 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Hexham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hexham
Photos in HexhamSee All Photos (3)
Top 5 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 11 reviews, 3 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 8 reviews, 2 photos
- Mombasa Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Hexham Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Cologne Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos