"This is where my bed was...- Hamilton" Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton by Anita_Porec

Hamilton Travel Guide: 127 reviews and 344 photos

<html>
<font face=verdana>
<font color=red><b> PICTURE:</b></font> A view of Hamilton from my balcony

This is where I live and have no good pictures of! Just kidding:) I have tons of pictures but none of them scaned yet. Lazy. Give me about a week and I'll try to give my best visual presentation about what I enjoy and don't enjoy when it comes to Steel City Hamilton. In the mean time, you can check out the numerous pictures taken from our balcony....and there are so many more...

Anyhow, in Hamilton, I love:<font color=red>
- Hess Village (especially during jazz festivals)
- Hamilton harbour (and the lake of course)
- Botanical gardens
- Tim Hortons!! ( double milk/no sugar)
- Barangas on the lake
- The Reptile Store
- Main Desserts (i'm a cake junkie)
- Cheapies (a music store!)
- La Luna (an awesome Lebanese restaurant)
- the farmers market in Jackson Square
- etc.
I reaaaally don't like:<font color=#FF9966>
- the black smog cloud always hanging over the city
- the factories
- the huuuuuge long beaches - that have no use!?
- and other things related to cold and polution, but that's it
</font>

I live here in a big apartmant with my two roomates, a cat (Zemun) and a snake (Chira). We are pretty much walking distance from all the above things that I like... and that's what we do all the time. We hang out outside in the hot Hamilton summers, and bundle up inside and chill in the long, long winters:)))
When we get sick of Hamilton we hang out in Toronto.

Well, hopefully this page will make you want to see Hamilton, or at least be fun to read and fill up your time:))
</html>

This is my apartment (where I live!). Positive energy flowing all around.... We love being inside as much as we love the outside. The key is to bring the outside - inside!

World Championships - Hamilton

hamilton was the host of the Worlf Cycling Championship this year (Oct 5-12).....
very nice!!!
For Hamilton this was a huge deal. Although most peole are not really into biking....this brought the world to us, which Hamiltonians are not very used to (many people have never left this town during their whole life!!!!!)

More pictures in travelgue:)

• Pros:small, compact city!
  • Cons:STINKS LIKE HELL!!!! hahahhaha, it does.
  • Intro Updated Nov 23, 2003

• Apr 1, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Hi Anita!!! I know that you wrote a review long time ago, but do you have any photo or the telephone number of Luka's Caffe? I live in Argentina and I'm in Los Angeles now on vacation. Thanks for your time. Silvana

• Bernd_L's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2004 at 4:50 AM

You are right - the botanical garden is beautiful. And we also had a lot of coffees at Tim Horton's when we visited Ontario last year.

• windsorgirl's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2004 at 4:50 PM

I recently had a great day in, well, near Hamilton, at Spencer Gorge. I love your graffitti shots, I have a graffitti travelogue as well on my Toronto pages... great minds think alike!

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2004 at 11:53 AM

good little beginning on an often ignored city of ontario. i liked the balcony shots and break :-)

• thelittlevoice's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2004 at 7:17 AM

cool pictures and tips. thanks for sharing!

• gosiaPL's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2003 at 1:20 PM

Coffee and cake in Hamilton sounds good to me ;-) Nice page and cute graffiti pictuers in the travelogue!

• Thestumps's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2003 at 9:05 PM

Dag gone place looks like Cleveland.

• Sasha.M's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2003 at 3:58 PM

Nice apartment ;-) Just want to say great Hamilton page.

• CandS's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2003 at 4:41 PM

Love the graffiti pics! Nice page... :)

• vigi's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2003 at 5:56 PM

Nice view from your apartment! Great start of the page, hope to see more!

Anita_Porec

“"If you look like your passport photo, you're too ill to travel...."”

Badges & Stats in Hamilton

Have you been to Hamilton?

Latest Activity in Hamilton